Starting from scratch....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting from scratch....

Where to install the leisure battery in our year 2000 SWB 2.5 TDi ?
    Is it a good/bad idea to put it next to the starter battery on one of those large trays we can get off ebay?
    I've got loads of other build questions that need answering folks...Cheers

Under the bonnet is a great place for the battery but it does obstruct access to some things that you will need access to, e.g. fuel filter (not sure it's in the same place on the 2.5 as it is in the 1.9td but it won't be far away)
    Mine is under the passenger seat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Mine is near the back under the bed couldn't fit it under front seat as I was putting swivels on them both

Comment

My passenger seat has a swivel and swmbo does say that the seat is a little high!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Mines a bit of a beast so will have to go in the back, I'll have all the sparky stuff in a box under the bed in the end.

Comment

Mine sits behind the rear wheel arch - an awkward space to get to whilst in the van so is little use for general storage. But easy to access via rear door to remove/charge battery if required.

I've also got the inverter in the same space and the hook up lead.

It does mean running a hefty cable the length of the van but I would have had to do this anyway as there are three amps mounted on the unusable vertical face of the wheel arch. So one hefty cable serves two purposes, actually more as I tap into it at several points for lights/fridge/seats/charging points.

I ran the cable along the edge of the floor, planned where my feeds would be required and fitted them, then the floor/panels/cupboards fitted on top.

Comment

Working...
            X