No announcement yet.

Meet pearl, yes i eventually named her!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet pearl, yes i eventually named her!

19td abl with 167k, since buying her I've done the following!

Suspension, New front bearings, Ball joints top and bottom, New track rod arms and ends and fitted spigot rings since company that fit the wheels didn't bother too!

Engine, Just an egr blanking kit. Will be doing a tdi conversion at some point, but since its not broken why rush.

Inside, Fitted extra row of 3 light to existing and then split the 8 lights over 4 switches instead of 1 that controlled 5 before, Cheapo pioneer head unit with just radio and usb, But fitted an ipad cradle to the dash to play Spotify music straight into the stereo, Then fitted new dash speakers, 2 x 13cm alpine speakers in the door under the bed and added 2 6x9 alpine speakers in boxes screwed straight through the rear bulk head on the roof, This is all powered by an amp from the usa that I had never heard of. But all sound decent.

Bodywork, Ground the arches back to bare metal, They were pretty solid, Many coats of primer, Basecoat and lacquer were applied, Still need to repaint the panel above the sliding door and eradicate the rust under some small bubbles, and last jobs will be to paint the slam panel under the window screen with the glass out and check all around the window area for any rust, Then treat and paint to match. other than those bits its pretty mint under/ in/ and outside.

Have added a grey fluffy rug and some cushions since to sofen it up, Spent our 1st week away at easter and it was great.
    The ipad cradle is from ebay and is for head rests, I just cut it down to suit and removed the panel behind to use the grid behind for the clamps. holds well.

A very smart machine, love the side bars, not seen them before.

Comment

Thank you dave

Comment

No problem , give credit where it's due. A fine job.

Comment

To be honest, she was mostly sorted by someone else, I just sorted the last 10% to make her right and mine.

Comment

wow its quiet on here.

Comment

Real tidy looking wagon Rory. Team white all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

wow its quiet on here.
                It's early days - and better than the t5 diatribe going on at the other place.....!

Comment

Working...
                X