its a sad day today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its a sad day today

My wife and I went away in the t4 only to get a phone call to say she needed to go to the hospital for a scan (now been confirmed its gall stones ) We did have one night away, but because of her disability she has now said that she can't sleep comfortably in the van so we might be having to sell it. She needs a proper mattress and it can't be done in our van. I am gutted and not sure of a solution.Sorry to put this on here but I hope someone can think of a way to work around it. If not its got to go 😭

On the seventh day there was the t4

I feel for you, but at the end of the day your health and happiness is all that counts. Hope your wife is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I know how she feels mate, I had the same trouble, but after having my Gall bladder removed was ok. Is she on the list to be done? Shame to sell the camper if its only short term......
      Love Life, Love T4`s.

Comment

They have put her on more medication and then going to put her on the list but they are worried because of her other operation scars that the can't do keyhole surgery and that brings more problems for her. Unfortunately its not a short term problem and like you say my wife's health and comfort is priority.

Comment

Sorry to hear that mate, Cant you get a made to measure Mattress? must be someone who can sort one...
          Love Life, Love T4`s.

Comment

Hey Mark, sorry to hear your Wife is poorly. With regards to the bed in the van is it a case of not enough room or mattress not comfy? If so then can you reconfigure inside / get bigger thicker bed?

Sent from my D6503 using Just T4s

Comment

The cushions when laid down are causing her back problems to be worse and its not possible to change the bed layout as its made up out of the side seats. What she really needs is a proper mattress but there is no room for an option for one.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Mark. As mentioned, how about upgrading the bed / mattress?

Comment

Roll up mattress topper?

sent from a t6 (As if am not that sad)

Comment

Tried that still the same problem. Unfortunately what we need is a van with a proper bed at the back that still leaves space for her wheelchair and the only way that can happen is to change the van. Not good news.

Comment

How about a storage box on the back

sent from a t6 (As if am not that sad)

Comment

The door is at the back and not enough space either side for one

Comment

The more I think of the lack of options the more I think we need to sell the van and get one with a different layout. Anyone want a t4 motorhome ? 😭

Comment

Can the seat cushions not be made from a memory foam/ orthopaedic type foam and shaped to fit inside your covers, I know where you're coming from as my wife has had 2 major spinal surgeries ☹

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Very sad news sorry,what about a auto trail coach built a bit bigger with a side door then rearrange the interior with a proper fixed bed can be done just means a refit

sent from over there

Comment

Working...
                              X