• Show
Clear All

• Chas's 2001 T1000

Click image for larger version

Name:	_ABP6260.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	269595

My (final) interior after going through many incarnations.
    I have to fit two canoes or bikes in there so the two single rock and roll beds are on Unwin rails and can be moved right up to the front seats. Fronts are out of a Rover 75 on Fasp swivels and the bases were lowered by 60mm so I could get my legs under the steering wheel. R&R bed is trimmed to match. Heater from a mobile library (Eberspacher) is fitted on the door step and is good for drying your kit really quick. Upper bed in the roof is really comfortable and actually cost almost double the original price I paid for the van. I was determined not to go the way everybody seems to go with these conversions.... but I guess they do it for a reason and it is very successful. I have been through swivel chairs, four seat, two single beds and wardrobe but this works. I did fancy the full walkthrough but that was impractical with what I had to carry. I still need to complete some electrical work like better lighting and finishing off the leisure battery install.... Lazy. Only one cable left to do!
    Last edited by Charlie Pearson; 30 March 2016, 11:29 PM.

That's a very smart and tidy motor Chas,do you have any of the outside as it's always nice to see how you have balanced the two up. did you build your units or are they from a manufactured range, keep the photos coming.
    Last edited by Dave T; 30 March 2016, 11:40 PM.

Comment

If my photo editing software works..... Click image for larger version

Name:	T41.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	257443

The units were cut out for me from one sheet of vohringer by a company in Redditch on their jig. Much cheaper than me making a foul up. I put it all together and found hinges and fixings from Reimo were reasonably priced. Still need a Reimo awning rail so I can remove the awful alluminium one I fitted a few years ago. It does the job. There is a Motordome that fits on it and works well as a mobile garage/changing room/storage facility or even kitchen when the weather is nice!
      Last edited by Charlie Pearson; 5 April 2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Very smart, even down to the number plate.

Comment

Working...
        X