Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member.

Hi. Chas here.
    Have had my T4 since late 2008 and done lots to it since then when it was just a van. Currently am waiting for good weather to complete the AAZ pump conversion on my ABL. I changed it last week and have started the van since but am changing the timing belt before it sees any action. Has anybody done this change as there seems to be not much info available AFAIK. There was a lot of guesswork involved and I only changed it as my van had become difficult to start after changing the alternator drive belt in 2012. I reckon I found the problem when bleeding the new pump. There was a pinhole in the clear hose to the pump. Not enough to leak diesel but enough to allow air in.
    Other mods done are fifth gear taller ratio, wheel size matched to correct speedo reading, full bespoke stainless exhaust, EGR delete and full camper conversion including reimo roof with double bed. I did have a 2.5TDI for a time but found that tedious to work on. I like the 1.9 for simplicity and don't find much power difference between the two. Miss the 5 cylinder engine note but that's about all.
    Attached Files

Hi and welcome aboard Chas, cool looking van [emoji106]

Comment

Cheers Dan.

Made the most of the sunny weather this morning and fitted the new timing belt kit and renewed the other belts too. Now starting first turn of the key like it used to and running sweetly again.

Comment

Lucky man, would love to be able to carry out work like that myself

Comment

Nice to have another new member who has introduced himself and got waded in straight away.. What part of the country are you from Charlie every one likes to try and grab you, they will get you to join the white van tribe for starters. Enough said, enjoy your stay with us and I am sure it will be long and profitable to all.

Comment

Hi Dave and thanks. I shuttle between Birmingham and Surrey so am about most of the time. Have Vag com as well if anyone needs the use of it. (Needed that with the TDI)
            Van is original paint so will be staying white I'm afraid, although I always fancied a red one!

Comment

Working...
            X