PDA

View Full Version : What fuel

nate6874
16th May 2017, 11:00 PM
Just a quick question, as the vast majority of t4's are diesel what diesel do you guys run. Ive had diesels in the past that run like a bag of nails on supermarket "biofuel", is it worth in your honest opinions paying more at the pumps for the premium diesel?

Buy a t4 they said... It'll be fun they said.

ricrhys
16th May 2017, 11:12 PM
I use texaco standard and the controversial diesel rhino in mine, seems to run well.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

jones7777
16th May 2017, 11:13 PM
I use the standard shell diesel, seems to run fine

Sent from my SM-A520F using Just T4s (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87827)

regcheeseman
17th May 2017, 12:03 AM
Supermarket diesel and 100 ml of two stroke with 30 quids worth of diesel. Was sceptical at first but sat at the lights the other day thought my van was a bit noisier than normal and remembered I forgot the oil when I added the last 30 quids worth a few days earlier. Seems to work for me.

Gadget
17th May 2017, 05:12 AM
Supermarket diesel and 100 ml of two stroke with 30 quids worth of diesel. Was sceptical at first but sat at the lights the other day thought my van was a bit noisier than normal and remembered I forgot the oil when I added the last 30 quids worth a few days earlier. Seems to work for me.
I will give that a go and see what happens to t4 Ted

sent from gadget

Mark Wilkes
17th May 2017, 06:24 AM
supermarket diesel, usually asda and nothing else and to me it runs OK

On the seventh day there was the t4

Adventure Van
17th May 2017, 06:41 AM
Quality fuel only - Esso mostly cause that's my local. It's only a few pence more than Tesco, and I still get club card points... 😁

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87827)

zxl
17th May 2017, 07:24 AM
I stopped using supermarket fuel years ago. I use Texaco mainly because it's local. To be honest I've never been one for working out mpg or comparing prices. But believe supermarket fuel to be of a lower quality.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Just T4s (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87827)

Burgmeister
17th May 2017, 07:59 AM
supermarket diesel, usually asda and nothing else and to me it runs OK

This^^. Always used it in all my diesels , never had a problem. Usually its Morrison's or Sainsbury's as they are the nearest and cheapest.

Everyone's experience with supermarket diesel seems to be different but I can honestly say I have not had a single issue with it and, whilst that continues, I'll continue to use it.

daleydub
17th May 2017, 08:08 AM
Esso full tank with 300ml of 2storke

kaz
17th May 2017, 08:15 AM
Going to give the 2 stoke a go again

Mark Wilkes
17th May 2017, 08:27 AM
What does the 2 stroke do if you add it to your fuel ?

Thebigredone
17th May 2017, 09:02 AM
Same as Burgmeister, always used supermarket normally Tesco fuel as it's nearest, never had a problem, even in cars with all the sensors that are supposed to fail as a result ?

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

nate6874
17th May 2017, 09:55 AM
I had major trouble with my Mondeo tdci It hated supermarket diesel and threw up error codes all the time unless it was the premium stuff.

Buy a t4 they said... It'll be fun they said.

Thebigredone
17th May 2017, 09:59 AM
Strange I had the same car but no problems with Tesco fuel ? Still flogged it and got my 1.9td no error codes on that lol

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

shadowdriver
23rd May 2017, 02:28 PM
I've always used whatever garage I'm passing usually Shell or Tesco depending on direction.
I added redex diesel treatment a couple of fills ago and had loads of crap out of the exhaust for about a week but it runs a lot better and cleaner than it ever has since I've owned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

d-9
23rd May 2017, 11:17 PM
My t4 is petrol but my daily is diesel and I can't tell the difference between cheap supermarket fuel and the expensive super diesel.

Can tell the difference between super and regular petrol in the van though!

DannyMontez
24th May 2017, 06:46 PM
I use whatever station is closest. I normally put a couple of shots of Redex in. (TBH I normally only stick 20 in at a time). Van runs sweet.

Rusty Dan
25th May 2017, 08:38 AM
V-power or Ultimate only for us.. in my mind it works :D