Which ply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which ply

Gonna go and get some ply to do the flooring of the van. Should i get exterior ply or will any do? Marine ply costs a fortune and been told MDF is too soft cause we gonna bolt unwin seat rails in so wondering if there is a decent alternative to Marine. Any suggestions please?
    Up there for thinking, down there for dancing.

We got plain ply in ours been down 3 years no problems.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Just T4s
    dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

I used 9mm ply from wickes, I put that over the top of the rear insulated rubber foam vw liner that was already in the van and then foam backed lino over that, it's been great so far, I used 2 sheets and made the join under the cupboards.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Non-S...d-Plywood-9-x-

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Don't know why but that link won't work ? But it was hardwood plywood 9mm in 2440mm x 1220mm.

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply.
          We are gonna lay low profile seat rails so decided to lay 12mm ply on top of the existing ply to give enough depth.
          Just bought it already cut to size from eBay so should go straight in. Cost a bit more but worth it not to have the hassle of measuring and cutting.
          Probably cover it in lino too, looking for something in grey.

Comment

I got the black and white chequer lino pre cut to a T4 from Ebay, went to lay it in and spent the next hour trimming it to fit 😤 still looks nice now though 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Lubee View Post
              Hi thanks for the reply.
              We are gonna lay low profile seat rails so decided to lay 12mm ply on top of the existing ply to give enough depth.
              Just bought it already cut to size from eBay so should go straight in. Cost a bit more but worth it not to have the hassle of measuring and cutting.
              Probably cover it in lino too, looking for something in grey.
              Hi lubee be aware that diy plywood is not flooring grade plywood, depending on what flooring you lay on top. It can delaminate. You can get 4mm flooring grade ply. I'm not saying it will delaminate and it is unlikely but the effort people put in don't like to have to do things twice. Or in my case 3 times

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Altro vinyl flooring is good..hard wearing just a bit of a bugger to cut though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Just T4s

Comment

I left the rubber mat down and then put 12mm ply on mine

Comment

Originally posted by adewil View Post
                    Altro vinyl flooring is good..hard wearing just a bit of a bugger to cut though

I've got altro in mine extremely hard wearing, it is commercial grade so has to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I put down insulation first, then 12mm ply from wickes, then polysafe vinyl (similar to altro)
                      Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                        I put down insulation first, then 12mm ply from wickes, then polysafe vinyl (similar to altro)
                        Yep snap. silver backed foam acoustic insulation and 12mm ply

Except for the Altro though, having worked in a hospital for years, last thing I want is flooring that reminds me of work.

Comment

Hi again
                          The ply is WBP grade which from googling appears to be ok. It's on its way now so we'll just go with the flow and fingers crossed it's ok. Thinking of putting a layer of foil bubble insulation from b and Q between the 2 layers of ply just to give a bit more insulation. Have been looking at the Altro flooring and am tempted but wanted something a bit softer under feet. Will keep our options open on this.

Comment

I know what you mean about the vinyl flooring, I originally had carpet as I wanted it to feel like a front room/bedroom rather than the kitchen, but also using it for work meant it soon got covered in pva and sawdust, and when it was muddy it was a nightmare with the stinky dog, so the vinyl worked out to be far more practical
                            Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

Yea Dave i put altro in because it's easier to clean with our dog

Comment

Working...
                              X