Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's where it all started - T4 number one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's where it all started - T4 number one.

Cast your mind back, far enough that some on here wouldn't even have been born.

The internet was relatively new and was on dial up for most, people had nokia phones that were phones and the snake game and that was about it, digital cameras were pretty rare and a few megapixels at best.

I had just started my first proper job, never had a loan in my life and paid max about £400 for any vehicle. I decided I wanted a VW van but as I was going to be paying decent money for it I didn't want some ropey old air cooled rusty crap - wanted a new one.

It had to be a T4 and it had to be anything but white - all vans were white and all of them were transits.

I also wanted a 2.4 because obviously it was better than a 1.9 because bigger is always better.

I got a loan sorted for 4K and started my search - after many months of searching autotrader online (remember that) I found a red J reg in Galashiels.

Rang up the dealer and convinced the missus (then girlfriend) into a road trip from North Devon in a C reg 1.2 Nova.

We did the deal and headed back home with a overnight stop once we had reached the civilisation of Englandshire.

Ahhh I remember it well. I searched auto trader for mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to use the paper Autotrader.

Comment

I used to look forward to getting the autotrader every week. Used to go straight to the classic cars section first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Got our Reno 5 Gt Turbo and Mollys Corrado out of it so happy memories of the mag.

Comment

Auto trader and loot were both great.

I fell for the t4 at 17 years old working for Ian Skellys manchester it was 1994/4 i was an apprentice painter. It was the job of the apprentice to drop all the Manchester execs back at work when they had left there vehicles for work. She was a brand new velle in techno blue and a vr6 (but manual!!!) With every option, leather aircon, preheater I was in love!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
              Auto trader and loot were both great.

I fell for the t4 at 17 years old working for Ian Skellys manchester it was 1994/4 i was an apprentice painter. It was the job of the apprentice to drop all the Manchester execs back at work when they had left there vehicles for work. She was a brand new velle in techno blue and a vr6 (but manual!!!) With every option, leather aircon, preheater I was in love!!!

Did they do a vr6 manual out the factory? I know you can do a conversion, my mate is having a go at the mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by chally69 View Post
                Did they do a vr6 manual out the factory? I know you can do a conversion, my mate is having a go at the mo.

That's the only one I ever saw.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  I used to use the paper Autotrader.
                  And I would have done, the T4 was new and very rare - everyone had transits - they were so thin on the ground that the regional auto traders would maybe list only one or two, I had to broaden my search and online was the only way.

I remember sitting at the back in Chemistry on a friday morning and looking at the 'fiftys' we were going to buy once we were old enough and the cars we would eventually like to own.

Comment

That's the only one I ever saw.

Might have been what they called the business edition ..seen one for sale everything on it electric sliding doors etc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by adewil View Post
                      Might have been what they called the business edition they ..seen one for sale everything on it electric sliding doors etc

When I was looking that's what I wanted but couldn't find anything near, mainly as I don't want an auto (that was the main reason I sold my jag!!)

Comment

When I was looking that's what I wanted but couldn't find anything near, mainly as I don't want an auto (that was the main reason I sold my jag!!)

They are nice seen a few manual ones for sale in Germany though [emoji852]

Comment

Originally posted by adewil View Post
                          They are nice seen a few manual ones for sale in Germany though [emoji852]

Just been doing a little googlage and yes I think that maybe one and the same model. Although it was a while ago.

Comment

Nice one [emoji106]

Comment

Pics? We want pics!

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Working...
                              X