Newbie looking for 1st t4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie looking for 1st t4

As per title. Newbie from Maidstone . On the look out at the moment for a t4. Not just a t4 . My first . Not to botherd about looks etc . As chances are the van will be wrapped ( what i do ) and have a few ideas planned
    Quite handy with a spanner screwdriver and hammer

Found one locally though there is a couple of issues

1 no indicators or hazzard lights

2 side door needs new roller

Dave
    On the look out for a T4

Check for rust around the windscreen. Also pull up the drivers amd passenger step plastic to check for rot as well as the sliding door plastic step.

If your going to wrap it your going to want something decent to start with or the wrap will have to be done all over again at some point .

Hazards could be a fuse

Get the complete roller and not just parts... also best replacing all 3 rollers at the same time... cheap enough

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Just T4s

Comment

Blue frog has hit the nail o the head, all good things to look out for. A comprehensive service history also goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome and all the best, we are also Maidstone

Comment

Originally posted by Dave76 View Post
          As per title. Newbie from Maidstone . On the look out at the moment for a t4. Not just a t4 . My first . Not to botherd about looks etc . As chances are the van will be wrapped ( what i do ) and have a few ideas planned
          Quite handy with a spanner screwdriver and hammer

Found one locally though there is a couple of issues

1 no indicators or hazzard lights

2 side door needs new roller

Dave
          Hi Dave.
          I'm local to Maidstone. If I see anything I let you know.
          Dave

Sent from my D6503 using Just T4s

Comment

Thanks for the messages ..

Suppose what im saying is body dont have to be perfect as ive no issues sorting the body then possibly wrap etc . Have got some ideas on graphic wrap but see what i find first

One ive seen . Seems to be quite a few answers with regards to no hazzards and indicators etc ... fuse / switch .. could it be anything else if not these .. side door i would replace all rollers
            Benefits of tail gate ..carpeted in rear and two rear side windows . Though if found a van that needed rear windows . Any one local to help fit

Carpeting the rear dont seem an issue .. like wrapping lol

Time for a hunt around the forums and gather as much info as possible

Any advice apreciated

Do have a nice t4 near us .. orange colour caravelle ? .. not far from the grammer school in maidsone

Dave
            On the look out for a T4

Comment

Just a quick question ... van i was initially looking at was a 1.9td ...since then a fairly decent 2.4d has came up through a friend .. now just wondering . Are these worth a turbo upgrade or is the extra cost involved just worth putting towards a 2.5 tdi ?

Truth be known i havent drove any of them yet lol

Be handy if anyone local i can have a look atound theres and get the wife more on board with the idea of a t4

Thanks

Dave
              On the look out for a T4

Comment

Send me a pm Dave if you want to gee up the wife, beware though ours might put the wife off

Comment

Lol dnt say that 😂
                  On the look out for a T4

Comment

I love my 1.9td but it is slow up hill, doesn't really bother me tho, I'm not behind it 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Plenty on 1.9td about ...gotta have a go in one and see if can cruise to cornwall at 70 ish im happy lol
                      On the look out for a T4

Comment

ours won't cruise at 70, 65 yes.

Comment

Am happy with my 1.9td it will sit all day at 60 but really happy at 55mph

Comment

Just to give you an idea Dave, up bluebell hill at 55, whoosh!

Comment

Mine sits at 65 easy it's had the 5th gear mod done, it goes to 85 but it's not overly keen on it lol obviously not uphill tho 😉

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                              X