My Build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Build thread

We bought our first T4 2 weeks ago and to say were excited is an under statement. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1488844177599.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	270217

We knew we had some rust problems when we bought the van as the sliding door wouldnt open and the sills look ropey. On closer inspection the inner sill had gone causing the bottom guide wheel to fall through and the door sills needed attention sooner rather than later.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170304-WA0008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	270212

So we dropped the van off for the welding to be done and a once over to make sure we hadnt bought a shed.

Turns out the a few poor patch repairs have happened over the years so we have decided to put her right and its nothing that cant be fixed with a little time a fair bit of money. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170304-WA0007.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	270214

So whilst the van away i have been busy trying to get hold of all the missing trim parts and mechanical parts which either need replacing or just want to do for peice of mind.

First part to be delivered was the sliding door step trim as im trying to keep the budget down I got a cheap one from someone breaking a T4 along with a pair of rear light covers. Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1489938184728.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	270215

After a weekend of cleaning and painting there nearly ready to be installed on the van. I want to give them a couple of coats of matt lacquer to take the shine off but happy so far.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170319_154106.jpg
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	270216

More to follow next weekend

Sent from my SM-G920F using Just T4s

What paint did you use CP?

Comment

Hi Burgmeister,

I used a plastic primer and then Halfords flexible vinyl paint, seems to have adhered well so hopefully no flaking

Last edited by Cpwood32; 19 March 2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Be interested to find out how that stands up to wear.

Comment

Yeah going to give 2-3 coats of lacquer to try and make it last, I let you know how i get on

Comment

So another weekend and a so many parts to fit, everytime i think we're getting close something else pops up.

It all started on Wednesday collecting the van from the garage to discover only half the welding had been done due to garage being flat out so I have to take ot to another garage in a few weeks to get the job finished!

Good news with having the van back it has allowed me to give a good shake down and find all the parts that need replacing or repairing before we head away.

First job tomorrow is drivers outer CV joint, track rod end on both side, new hand brake cables,new dash speakers and console pod installed with added speakers (thanks to Dubs and cups)Click image for larger version

Name:	1490993396545.jpg
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	258886Click image for larger version

Name:	1490993432350.jpg
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	258887.

I also need to remove the dash cluster as I have replaced all temp sensors but all I get is a flicker from the needle on start up so I have decided to replace it next week.

So enough to keep me busy

More photos to follow

Comment

Another week and more jobs completed, this week we have had the cam belt replaced along with water pump and aux belt to make sure we are good for few miles.

I have also changed the steering rack, painted the inner wheel arches and replaced the roof lining so a busy few days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_180447.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	259033Click image for larger version

Name:	20170415_182933.jpg
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	259034Click image for larger version

Name:	20170415_182914.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	259035

Comment

That blue roof looks the mutts nuts, really liking that !!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Do more while you have the urge (and cash) both will fade away quicker than you imagine.
                  And pictures, lots, I have a feeling this could be a good build thread.
                  Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                    Do more while you have the urge (and cash) both will fade away quicker than you imagine.
                    And pictures, lots, I have a feeling this could be a good build thread.
                    ha ha thanks the cash has virtually gone, been an expensive few months the list of bits I have replaced is nuts but hopefully get away at the end of the month.

Comment

All be worth it in the end mate... Top job sofar. [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Just T4s
                      Love Life, Love T4`s.

Comment

An update from the past few weeks, I replaced the rear springs to raise the rear as it was sat on -60mm springs as the ride was shocking. New 40mm springs make a massive difference and the ride is spot on Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170428_204700_796.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	259264 and doesnt look to bad either.

We had the passenger step, low arch and sill replaced this week to make the van solid. It cost a fair amount but the works were done right and feels good to have a solid van.

Seat covers and bed seat pads fitted ready for our first weekend away.

We drove 300 miles in total and loved it a real adventire and made all the hard work worth it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170428_204711.jpg
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	259265Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170428_152618.jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	259266

We are having a CAT 1 alarm fitted tomorrow as the van needs to be more secure with all the mods ands work.

Better photos to follow and more bits at the weekend, first job will be short shift mod and then tackle under seal the van and then a kitchen pod so we can apply for V5 classification change.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170507-WA0003.jpeg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	259340Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170507-WA0000.jpeg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	259341
                          New storage nets fitted so I dont have to search for my phone in te morning and my new table made, I think it might be a bit big but we will have to see what its like when we get away again.

Short shift mod done and it truely make a massive difference. I bought a new pre drilled plate from Brickworks and it made for a very easy job.

Next week kitchen pod and covers for under the RnR bed and were nearly completed the interior works for now!

Comment

Coming on very nicely my mate

sent from over there

Comment

Originally posted by Dazteen View Post
                              Coming on very nicely my mate

sent from over there
                              Thanks starting to get there now

Comment

Working...