Sliding door lock mechanism 'jammed'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding door lock mechanism 'jammed'?

Whilst investigating why the central locking doesn't work on the sliding door I think that the issue is with the mechanism itself and not the central locking unit.

The interior button will not go up or down. I have removed the central locking unit and still the same thing. It feels like it's jammed somewhere and there is no way of depressing the interior button to lock the door. The key also does not lock the door and putting a little pressure on the key makes no difference.

Thanks in advance for any help with this one!

Take the lock out, strip and clean.

Sent by Rectum Pulse Modulator

Comment

If the button wont go down check its not seized in the catch too. Vehicles with central locking often have seized lock barrels from lack of use. Its only a pain when something else fails, so you could have two issues.

Comment

Thank you ever so much for the replies guys!

A healthy dose of wd40 into the lock, a little 'manipulation' with the key and voila!

Now to test the central locking mechanism to see if thats working!

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Well, you might have to replace the door lock or get a new key today, and it you can do it with the help of a locksmithing expert in your vicinity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dammie View Post
            Well, you might have to expensively replace the door lock or simply just squirt wd40, and you can do it with no help of a locksmithing expert in your vicinity.
            That's a valid point bud. Thanks for sharing! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by T4-Portugal View Post
              Thank you ever so much for the replies guys!

A healthy dose of wd40 into the lock, a little 'manipulation' with the key and voila!

Now to test the central locking mechanism to see if thats working!

Thanks again for the help!
              TOP TIP-When It comes to locks(any locks)throw the WD40 away and use graphite powder.100% better than any liquid you squirt in a lock.

Comment

I was struck in an odd situation when I lost the door key of my garage, but a locksmith relived me from the headache by creating a duplicate key immediately.

Comment

Working...
                X