Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear heater caravelle

hi can anyone help,

i am about to re-install the rear heater pump and pipe connections to the water system.

everything was removed by a previous owner, does anyone know where i can find any guidance or even a photo? been looking over the internet and cant find anything..

any help would be great cheers.

I've got one under my van still in place. Please note mine is a LEFT HAND DRIVE. So the sliding door is on the RIGHT of the van and this fan assembly is set on that side. Guessing they made them handed, so perhaps you could just flip the image and compare the parts you have against this?

Anyway, hope it helps.

I took this photo when it was having a replacement engine fitted Jan 2016. The full service history engine it had before ate a valve 6 months after I bought it. Sod's law.

Underfloorheater.jpg

Comment

Ive got one of these in mine, does anyone know if its possible to have it running whilst parked or does it use the engine coolant to work?

Sorry to hi jack thread btw!

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Just T4s
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

As far as I know this runs off the engine. It's not one of the fancy schmancy stand alone diesel heaters, though I wish it were.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          As far as I know this runs off the engine. It's not one of the fancy schmancy stand alone diesel heaters, though I wish it were.
          Thought as much but thanks all the same.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Just T4s
          http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

Hi I am about to reinstall mine after it was removed by the last owner, I don't suppose anyone has a photo of pipe connections in the engine bay. That would be fantastic you if do. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Just T4s

Comment

burt, mine broke while on holiday and has been by passed but this picture will hopefully help a bit. Ignore all the tape bodging the bypass. You should see where the pipes come from the back at the bottom right of the picture. The pipe on the right was attached to the bit labelled "from here" which, I believe, is the valve for controlling the rear heater. The pipe on the left is joined to the bit that says "to here".

I don't know if that helps or not. BTW mine is an early 2.4D if that makes any difference.
              Coolant hose small.jpg

Comment

I have a 94 2.4 it looks the same. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                X