lpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lpg

Is anyone running on a 2.5L petrol engine with a lpg conversion? I need to know why my 85L tank stops re-filling at 40L. Should I allow pump to switch off and then attempt another re-fill??? Will this work?

Is that the petrol tank or gastank.

Comment

The gas tank.

Comment

Sorry never had anything to do with the gas side of things. Someone on here is bound to know.

Comment

Hope so thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolores View Post
            Is anyone running on a 2.5L petrol engine with a lpg conversion? I need to know why my 85L tank stops re-filling at 40L. Should I allow pump to switch off and then attempt another re-fill??? Will this work?
            Maybe a silly question but are you sure it’s not a smaller tank since conversion?

Tom

Comment

I took off the aluminium cover yesterday and it says 85L stamped on the tank under the cover. Because the pumps keep knocking off at 40L, I thought the same as you at first. But the chap who did the lpg safety inspection also said it was about 80L.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolores View Post
                I took off the aluminium cover yesterday and it says 85L stamped on the tank under the cover. Because the pumps keep knocking off at 40L, I thought the same as you at first. But the chap who did the lpg safety inspection also said it was about 80L.
                Apparently you need to knock off approx 20% of the capacity to allow for expansion so should really click off at about 68 litres. So still stopping too early.

Tom

Comment

There was this post on a land rover forum

there is an over pressure shut off on the pump and on the tank valves, now these could be faulty, one tip i recieved is to fill the tank till the pump cuts out then remove the filler and reconnect and fill again, there was air in the system on mine and it caused the pump to fill slowly and cut out.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Hi everyone. Just read Sirfbum's post.... My son works on the Motorways on Cameras, signs and telephones and often has to go into service stations. He has said exactly the same thing as you, he often sees people gassing up taking the hose out and putting it back in for a second time. I will give it try next time. Got to empty the tank as much as possible to move it a Foot backwards to be able to fit a rock n roll bed in.

Comment

Tank is probably mounted at the wrong angle so it is triggering the cutoff early. Tank can only be filled to 80% capacity to allow for expansion (by law), so the max you should be able to get in there is 68l. Was the tank totally empty when you started filling it?

Comment

No. I am trying to empty it completely by Monday as it is booked in to the LPG approved Installer to have the tank moved a Foot back towards the rear doors to allow a rock n roll bed to be fitted.

Comment

Working...
                        X