Sound box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound box

Hi all been asked to do a build on our stereo so here it is. Brought the ammo box 50Cal MEDIUM BOX SIZE: 29 x 18 x 14CM from ebay £10 already had the 4 inch speakers. We used a jump pack battery as had one kicking round could use other batteries. Ordered Digital Display Voltage Voltmeter
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC0-99-9V-...item4d47e09fe2
    ordered 12V-LED-Car-Bluetooth-Wireless-MP3-Decoder-Board-Audio-Module-USB-SD-TF-FM-Radio....Will be changing this part for a better one radios not very good bluetooth and aux is ok tho
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-LED-Ca...item3d203e7d64
    ordered Dual-Channel-Digital-Audio-Amplifier-Board
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x100W-TPA...item2371bc882f
    On off switch from maplins
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/everel-16a...ed-green-gu52g
    There's a large choice for speaker covers we got some computer fan covers from our local pc shop and bent the ends so they sit proud with the speakers added an inline fuse just to be safe. We have lined if with sticky back foam to help with vibrations. It's very loud and bassy more than enough for what we need it for.

dyslexics are teople poo

Awesome job Kaz, with out meaning to sound stupid how do you charge it?

Comment

Looks great! How does it sound?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Awesome job Kaz, with out meaning to sound stupid how do you charge it?
        If at home a car charger if we are away we use jump leads with the engine running for half hr ours lasts a week easy on a full charge
        dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nozzle View Post
          Looks great! How does it sound?
          For a small stereo its sounds really good couldn't have it on full round a camp fire you wouldn't be able to talk over it. Will put a youtube vid on tomorrow if you would like
          dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

That looks very smart. My dad has got one of the brute box ones so I will agree with u on how loud they r

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

I couldn't compare it to a brute box i know they use top of the range products this was just built on a budget was sick of the van battery going dead using the van stereo.
              dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Once again a fantastic blog, pity I couldn't understand a thing. But don't worry about me, there's a lot of clever people on here. If I I wanted one then I'd have to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaz View Post
                  I couldn't compare it to a brute box i know they use top of the range products this was just built on a budget was sick of the van battery going dead using the van stereo.
                  I don't know it's not too far off but it certainly didn't cost you over 300 did it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                    Once again a fantastic blog, pity I couldn't understand a thing. But don't worry about me, there's a lot of clever people on here. If I I wanted one then I'd have to buy it.
                    Im sure your kind and generous son would make you one
                    dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      I don't know it's not too far off but it certainly didn't cost you over 300 did it [emoji106]

I couldn't justify £300 not say there not worth it. But the sound with this is more that enough for us. Was going to use an old jerry can but would of been to big and impractical so will make a bar with that haha.
                      dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Tried my hardest to get a vid but think my phones crap as not picking up what it really sounds like sounds tinny and distort on the vid but you get the idea.
                        dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Superb! Defo next project!!! That and a jerry can bar and a electric radio flyer.

Comment

How's about....an electric radio flyer with a radio and bar built in!! And maybe a disco light as well!

Comment

I note an element of sarcasm in that thanks to you Kaz, from my son.

Comment

Working...
                              X