2.4d conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4d conversion

Has anyone carried out the 2.4d aja conversion? I've heard good and bad reviews of this,some people saying the block splits and some saying they wish they had done it years ago so what's your thoughts?

Van struggles on hills. Is slow and steady the rest of the time. Desperate to do the 5th gear mod but trying to work out of this would be worth doing.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

I have 2.4 with 5th gear. Sits well at 70 all day long , dose struggle on hills. I keep pondering sticking a turbo on it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Just T4s

Comment

Mines about 3k at 60!!

Comment

Not got rev counter in mine. But she runs fine with the 5th gear

Sent from my SM-G920F using Just T4s

Comment

Can get all the stuff to the turbo but seems like it might be a nightmare setting the boost and fuel up etc. The 5th gear is a must. I keep putting it off but need to get it done

Comment

I always assumed mine was standard as there's no obvious step from fourth to fifth - but it sits at just under 2300rpm at a GPS verified 60.

my old 2.4 NA would sit at 80 no bother, went through a noisy spot around 75 then smoothed out again.

As for modded 2.4s - I've a volvo turbo and manifold sat on the shelf, just bought a pump to use for a 2.4 LDA converson if anyone was interested?

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              I always assumed mine was standard as there's no obvious step from fourth to fifth - but it sits at just under 2300rpm at a GPS verified 60.

my old 2.4 NA would sit at 80 no bother, went through a noisy spot around 75 then smoothed out again.

As for modded 2.4s - I've a volvo turbo and manifold sat on the shelf, just bought a pump to use for a 2.4 LDA converson if anyone was interested?
              LDA?

Comment

Yep, proper turbo diesel pumps need an LDA to add extra fuel under boost. The 1.9 ABL doesn't have one and I fit quite a lot, the 2.4 pump will benefit from the same upgrade when you fit a turbo. Tricky to get hold of a donor pump for the parts - I think other pump builders charge over £300 for a LDA'd pump - mine typically start at £100. Mine are not as shiny though they do the same thing.

Comment

Have you done the upgrade to the 2.4 before then reg? Is it worth it? Any problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
                    Have you done the upgrade to the 2.4 before then reg? Is it worth it? Any problems?

No - not one I've done, sorry.

Stuck a few turbos on VW NA engines though - bolt up turbo, fit oil lines fab up a downpipe - job done.

The only extra issue with the 2.4 is adapting the intake pipework, but the standard manifold is a good long runner design that would lend itself to turbo apps

Built a few pumps for them though.

Comment

I had the 2.4 and had it swapped for intercooled 2.5 but using my old manual fuel pump which had to be modified. So now have a flying machine with no Ecu issues!

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        Yep, proper turbo diesel pumps need an LDA to add extra fuel under boost. The 1.9 ABL doesn't have one and I fit quite a lot, the 2.4 pump will benefit from the same upgrade when you fit a turbo. Tricky to get hold of a donor pump for the parts - I think other pump builders charge over £300 for a LDA'd pump - mine typically start at £100. Mine are not as shiny though they do the same thing.
                        Are they easy to fit to the ABL? or do people send them to you to fit? Part exchange maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Corps View Post
                          Are they easy to fit to the ABL? or do people send them to you to fit? Part exchange maybe?

You can just swap the lid but that's only doing half a job as there is a restrictor pin that really needs to come out as well to take full advantage - you can get lucky and snap them off sometimes but normally its a pump out job.

I normally have people turn up with vans and swap pumps or pull the pump and hybrid it - best to combine with a cambelt swap as that should really be done same time.

Comment

Did an ajt to aja runs like a dream..although there were some mods with the dash

Comment

Originally posted by simon_carter View Post
                              I had the 2.4 and had it swapped for intercooled 2.5 but using my old manual fuel pump which had to be modified. So now have a flying machine with no Ecu issues!

Hi any chance you can help me with a 2.5tdi d5252t manual fuel pump

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X