Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by spedwing View Post
      Not up hill [emoji12]

Yes I do, just not quite as quick.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• I appreciate it's a van but I would of loved to of modified an abl but their getting so scarce so I'm thinking the Tdi spares are more about. I can do the mechanical stuff easy enough and I got a bit of electronic knowledge but not vast. How much of a bitch is it to do?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by bradleigh2 View Post
          I appreciate it's a van but I would of loved to of modified an abl but their getting so scarce so I'm thinking the Tdi spares are more about. I can do the mechanical stuff easy enough and I got a bit of electronic knowledge but not vast. How much of a bitch is it to do?

You’ve got all the bits from the abl you need , you need to drill the Tdi block for engine mounts , change oil pipe in the sump over , but if your handy with the spanners it won’t cause you to many problems , Reg did a build thread on here with Dave sausages van , I think it’s all on there 🤙

Comment

You’ve got all the bits from the abl you need , you need to drill the Tdi block for engine mounts , change oil pipe in the sump over , but if your handy with the spanners it won’t cause you to many problems , Reg did a build thread on here with Dave sausages van , I think it’s all on there 🤙

I had to do that with the engine that's innit. Only thing was it was from an Audi. The dipstick is on the front instead of the rear and looks awkward to get to.

Comment

I had to do that with the engine that's innit. Only thing was it was from an Audi. The dipstick is on the front instead of the rear and looks awkward to get to.

Just the wiring I'm concerned about

Comment

Just the wiring I'm concerned about

The dip stick gets relocated , there is someone who strips all the wires from the loom you need ... think he’s on face book , or there is a guy who comes to you

Comment

The dip stick gets relocated , there is someone who strips all the wires from the loom you need ... think he’s on face book , or there is a guy who comes to you

Oh right I wouldn't mind giving it ago myself if I know what everything is but I will bear it in mind

Comment

Oh right I wouldn't mind giving it ago myself if I know what everything is but I will bear it in mind

The wiring is a bit complex until you've studied it for a while... Basically don't strip or unplug anything till you've labelled it.
                    I've still got all my notes and printed guides, which I read and almost memorised before doing mine.
                    If you're breaking the car yourself it's easier...
                    There's a few of us on here that have done the conversion, so plenty of help if you get stuck! [emoji106]

And I reckon you're only just down the road from me if you get truly stuck... [emoji6]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
                    Last edited by Adventure Van; 4 November 2018, 07:41 PM.
                    '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
                      The wiring is a bit complex until you've studied it for a while... Basically don't strip or unplug anything till you've labelled it.
                      I've still got all my notes and printed guides, which I read and almost memorised before doing mine.
                      If you're breaking the car yourself it's easier...
                      There's a few of us on here that have done the conversion, so plenty of help if you get stuck! [emoji106]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
                      Nice one thank you basically wanted to take my time with it and I need a car to drive in late January for a 2 week course in Kent so was gonna try and kill two birds with one stone really

Comment

• Right slowly spent some time today with the Mrs veltrimming some more of the van which I will upload a pick tommrow. But started making a one of those cup holder things tonight.

Comment

• Just gotta put hinges on then throw it in the van now

Comment

• Afternoon you lovely lot. I actually got round to tinkering with the van today and it runs just! I still have to sort out the throttle pump spindle as its pissing out but wondering if that was one of the causes it running like a bag of shite. Also gotta do the timing lift as reg has instructed me too. Just wanted to hear life before I did anything I do have a video but I cant upload it on here.

Comment

Afternoon you lovely lot. I actually got round to tinkering with the van today and it runs just! I still have to sort out the throttle pump spindle as its pissing out but wondering if that was one of the causes it running like a bag of shite. Also gotta do the timing lift as reg has instructed me too. Just wanted to hear life before I did anything I do have a video but I cant upload it on here.

At least you've got some life from it mate, now you can get stuck in and sort it [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

• leaking spindle normally does not cause running issues but may affect starting.

You repairing the spindle - I have a guide and the parts if you need them.

Comment

Working...
                                X