Buddy the bus build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy the bus build

Hi guys thought I would start a thread now as got a few things to do to get it how I want. Engine needs replacing, generally a good tidy up cosmetically

Sent from my F3111 using Just T4s

Got the van home tonight so just went round it and got to know it a bit better. Deciding what to do first etc with the Mrs had a play with the rear seats even though their not on the rails. Thinking black roof and different alloys black tbh. We're planning on using it for day trips and also gonna eventually get a drive away awning.

Comment

Keep the updates coming.

Comment

What are the bits in the box Brad? I take it the engine doesn't run at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
          What are the bits in the box Brad? I take it the engine doesn't run at the moment.
          Look like part of the camshaft casing and a shim or something. It dies run.... Just. I had to move it today and yeah bellows out white smoke struggling to move. I keep looking at it. Gonna take the front end off tommrow ready for when we get a chance to look at it thoughly. Want to start thinking about cosmetics too. I think if I start working on the thing the rest will follow

Comment

That's it. ours sat on the drive for months then all suddenly came together. You may be looking at another cylinder head then Brad, not the end of the world.

Comment

That's it. ours sat on the drive for months then all suddenly came together. You may be looking at another cylinder head then Brad, not the end of the world.
              Well we are gonna have a look next weekend.

Comment

We are going Saturday, you may bump into us.

Comment

Got round to taking the front end apart for easier inspection today. Actually enjoyed it. But me and the Mrs are at a loss to what we can do in the back. We just want it minamal really but some good led lights and a reupolster maybe? Oh and what's the possibility of short shift mod? Thanks.

Comment

In ours we just have one seat on mushroom bolts. Its carpeted out and we can throw an air bed in it. The short shift mod is an easy little mod. There's a how to in the tec section.Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12311.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	265551 The floor is going to have the proper Vdub rubber floor.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12315.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	265552 We went for two tone four way stretch carpet on the panels and metal work. Don't be too keen to throw anything away. I fished our ply sides from under the hedge, cleaned off and covered. Shouldn't have cut up the ply floor either. Its easy at the start to just rip stuff out and later wish it had been kept when you see the price of replacing.
                      Last edited by S49; 2 September 2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

In ours we just have one seat on mushroom bolts. Its carpeted out and we can throw an air bed in it. The short shift mod is an easy little mod. There's a how to in the tec section.[ATTACH=CONFIG]10271[/ATTACH] The floor is going to have the proper Vdub rubber floor.
                        T

Comment

Originally posted by bradleigh2 View Post
                          T

I would like our metal work covered too.

Comment

I found the metal work the hardest fit to do. Make sure you over lap with plenty to spare. Yours looks half way there already Brad.

Comment

I found the metal work the hardest fit to do. Make sure you over lap with plenty to spare. Yours looks half way there already Brad.
                              I did wonder if it might be a pain. I don't know what colour to put with it as it looks a bit cold. Regards to the short shift mod Where's the how to thread? I have only moved it round my garden and already punched the dash several times lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X