Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88bhp lwb twin slider ex taxi, ex tour bus caravelle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
    Only because it used to be yellow!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Don't let S49 know

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Great looking van mate.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
        Only because it used to be yellow!

[emoji23]

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome lads. Just returned from a 500 mile trip around the lakes. Van performed brilliantly.
          Managed to get an awning rail from a caravan accessory shop, tube of tiger seal & we are on. Realised after a few nights that the side rear window vent leaked in heavy rain. Solution was an off cut of Altro flooring & yet more tiger seal.
          Even though I have removed the top blowers & heating the rear still works now I’ve managed to repair the water pipes. They also blow surprisingly cold.
          Currently I am looking for a trailer to keep all the camping gear in & also some roof racks to fit a box on the roof.
          I’m also inspired to get the cab area finished ASAP as my list of jobs just keeps getting longer every time we use him.
          One thing that I do want to do is modify my front bumper, any ideas what these grills are off? I’m thinking Audi?
          Cheers

Comment

a very nice looking van you have there Biff

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
              Thanks for the warm welcome lads. Just returned from a 500 mile trip around the lakes. Van performed brilliantly.
              Managed to get an awning rail from a caravan accessory shop, tube of tiger seal & we are on. Realised after a few nights that the side rear window vent leaked in heavy rain. Solution was an off cut of Altro flooring & yet more tiger seal.
              Even though I have removed the top blowers & heating the rear still works now I’ve managed to repair the water pipes. They also blow surprisingly cold.
              Currently I am looking for a trailer to keep all the camping gear in & also some roof racks to fit a box on the roof.
              I’m also inspired to get the cab area finished ASAP as my list of jobs just keeps getting longer every time we use him.
              One thing that I do want to do is modify my front bumper, any ideas what these grills are off? I’m thinking Audi?
              Cheers

It looks like just a de-badged grill

Comment

Originally posted by Snowrider View Post
                It looks like just a de-badged grill

Main thing is it doesn’t get the bed wet anymore [emoji23]

Comment

Nah mate the grill on the front

Comment

My 88bhp lwb twin slider ex taxi, ex tour bus caravelle.

I’m on about the one in the long nose smooth bumper pic I put up. The grill in the bottom of the bumper looks spot on & I want similar. [emoji1360]
                    This pic might show it better.

Last edited by Biff; 4 September 2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Mk4 golf?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

B5 Passat perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

No not a mk4 golf, I have one of those & checked. Cheers though!
                          Passat is a good shout, I’ll have a google. [emoji1360]

Comment

Not a lot happened recently bar a fair bit of use. I’ve had some pretty expensive parts to buy on my daily Audi A4 so funds have been tight on the van.
                            It’s got a box full of bits ready to go on, rack ends, top & bottom ball joints & arb bushes.
                            After it stinking of veg oil since I bought it I changed the fuel filter & replaced the leak offs. Difference was unreal tbh, van is much quieter & performs pretty well now. I added a bottle of 2 stroke oil, a bottle of redex diesel additive to a full tank along with an oil/air filter change.
                            I noticed as I was using it my power steering fluid level was slowly dropping. I couldn’t see a leak as such but I was recommended Lucas power steering additive by a good mate. Happy to report it’s worked & my level hasn’t dropped recently so I’d recommend it.
                            Still haven’t fitted my seats but I’ve stripped them back to modify the bases. I’ve got some cracking ideas to finish off the interior but time is an issue at the moment. We just want to use it. Lol
                            The van won’t be used much over winter but we still plan on the odd night out with our little oil filled electric radiator. Nice & cosy.
                            I do need a long nose cross member as mine has seen better days but we managed a new mot with no advisories so my hard work is paying off. [emoji1360]
                            Loving t4 life & getting waves from vw’s of all types.
                            Glad to see the old aircooled Dubber vibe coming back.

Comment

Lovely van, I too have a LWB Caravelle but no where near as nice as yours but it will get there. Its fitted out inside but need to modify it over the winter to get it just a little better.
                              http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

Nice bus mate

Comment

Working...
                                X