No announcement yet.

Slight Audio upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit more today. Soundproofing the doors properly.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1472489205062.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	257675

Comment

That's some thorough work going on there - i like it!
      '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Very cool Ian, can I ask why Perspex speaker rings?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Very cool Ian, can I ask why Perspex speaker rings?

They give a more solid base, the screw holes are less likely to deteriorate if screws are removed and replaced and because it's 6mm thick, they are a stiffer harder material.

Comment

Ah makes perfect sense! Thanks mate never thought of that. Would make replacing rear velle speakers a lot easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a thought mate don’t mean to hijack your post I got an amp and speakers upgrade connected to my leisure battery seems to kill the output of my battery is it better to have it on starter battery

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by kb1065 View Post
                Just a thought mate don’t mean to hijack your post I got an amp and speakers upgrade connected to my leisure battery seems to kill the output of my battery is it better to have it on starter battery
                Shouldn't have thought it would make much difference, my setup (3 x 700W amps) is on my aux battery, the drain will still be the same? I do have a normal battery and not a leisure battery though.(because it was free)

I've fitted a switch in the head unit remote line so I can turn off the amps when parked up as required - the head unit still drives the dash and underseat speakers.

Comment

I’m thinking of removing it cos see leisure draining away on the control panel even with the amp powered off when parked up it seems to draw more power than split charge can produce if that makes sense

Comment

I’m thinking of removing it cos see leisure draining away on the control panel even with the amp powered off when parked up it seems to draw more power than split charge can produce if that makes sense

Should be no drain - probably those nasty control panels? Why are T4 owners obsessed with adding voltmeters/switches/fuses/leds and more switches?

Or it could be an internal battery fault....

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                      Should be no drain - probably those nasty control panels? Why are T4 owners obsessed with adding voltmeters/switches/fuses/leds and more switches?

Or it could be an internal battery fault....
                      I was going to say battery fault.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Don’t think it’s battery fault as new battery also only started to happen when amp was fitted as for adding switches/ fuses/ etc is all part of converting into camper and safer

Comment

Don’t think it’s battery fault as new battery also only started to happen when amp was fitted as for adding switches/ fuses/ etc is all part of converting into camper and safer

Could still be battery fault, equally as it only started when the amp was connected my guess is faulty amp. They have an internal switch (thus switching wire.) Which is normally switched with the headunit. (Sorry if granny and eggs)
                          Is the switching wire connected to a separate switch or the headunit?

Comment

Must be head unit I never fitted it I got it professionally installed I put stereo on couple of seconds later amp kicks in

Comment

So is everything separately fused?
                              If so take one fuse out at a time til it stops draining.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                                So is everything separately fused?
                                If so take one fuse out at a time til it stops draining.

This.

Do you have a multimeter (i'm guessing probably not) but measure the draw from the battery.

Must be a massive draw from the battery if you can see it dropping, surprised something is not getting hot/on fire - I'd have thought a fuse should have popped, what size fuses have been fitted?

Comment

Working...
                                X