Van build pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ricky Gareth Rykala View Post
    Here’s the wiring diagram anyone know if I should put diodes in on all three charging methods positive wires or will it be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Someone correct my if i am wrong. If all the batteries the same u are ok. If u mix batteries i am not sure. If u put diodes in u ok to charge the batteries but how do u want to discharge them.?
    Probably confused u even more. Sorry

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
      Someone correct my if i am wrong. If all the batteries the same u are ok. If u mix batteries i am not sure. If u put diodes in u ok to charge the batteries but how do u want to discharge them.?
      Probably confused u even more. Sorry

Hi Hans I’ve all ready researched this and will be fine in parallel but not in series. Just reading a bit of info on all the equipment and there’s no need for diodes and as I have the vsr type of relay when the batteries in the camper circuit are at 12.9 volt the relay will click over and charge the engine battery and the main earth for the system will be there.

Comment

• All the equipment all ready has safety features to prevent it back feeding

Comment

Hi Hans I’ve all ready researched this and will be fine in parallel but not in series. Just reading a bit of info on all the equipment and there’s no need for diodes and as I have the vsr type of relay when the batteries in the camper circuit are at 12.9 volt the relay will click over and charge the engine battery and the main earth for the system will be there.

Yeah, makes sense

Comment

• The two batteries that are 120 ah will never be fully charged tho as will only charge to around 95 percent that’s why I stated I only got 320 ah where the batteries actually are 330 amp hours

Comment

• And they have gotta be wire in Parallel to keep them 12v otherwise if they were wired in series I would have 36 volt

Comment

• I am going to see what voltage the two bigger batteries charge up two and if not 12.9 volts I will put another vsr between them and the 90 ah battery

Comment

• Hi bud, enjoyed reading the build thread to date.
                  What type of solar panels are you using? Have you tested the unfitted design?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    Hi bud, enjoyed reading the build thread to date.
                    Hi mate I’m bolting two lengths of Ali box section into the rain gutters and then bolting the panels to these sealing with sika flex and end caps aswell.

Comment

Hi bud, enjoyed reading the build thread to date.

Comment

Hi mate I’m bolting two lengths of Ali box section into the rain gutters and then bolting the panels to these sealing with sika flex and end caps aswell.

So you're using 2x 160W Ali framed PV Modules?

Where did you get them from?
                        Just interested as I've seen a few 'deals' & I'm going to start building a test setup on the shed roof!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

So you're using 2x 160W Ali framed PV Modules?

Where did you get them from?
                          Just interested as I've seen a few 'deals' & I'm going to start building a test setup on the shed roof!

Off fleabay mate was 295 inc charge controller

Comment

Off fleabay mate was 295 inc charge controller

I was thinking something similar on the roof but hingeing them and using small linear actuators to create different roof shapes as the efficiency increases massively at 45deg.

Comment

I was thinking something similar on the roof but hingeing them and using small linear actuators to create different roof shapes as the efficiency increases massively at 45deg.

That’s to technical for me mate plus after mid day you would have to turn the van around

Comment

• They don't need to be facing South or the sun but we always park up side door to the South so it's just an idea.... the actuators are cheap, 12vdc and easy to install.

Comment

Working...
                                X