2.5tdi 888

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluefrog View Post
    Yes will improve power and fuel economy.

Basically your ecu currently thinks it's still running the same as standard even though you have changed a number of things.

Going for a remap to tell the ecu... I've been playing with a few things will improve the power distribution as well as fuel economy.

My fuel economy has increased to 100-175 miles per tank and bucket loads more power over standard.

Remember though I have a 3 map setting box which gives me the original map 88bhp, economical power 122bhp and raw power 137bhp. Also it's a little more than your standard map. However fuel savings means it will pay for itself within 9-10 months.

Fuel figures are based on the economical power one which is what I have on 99% of the time.

If your in the Midlands or willing to travel to Staffordshire I would recommend my guy Luke Hutsby @ MPG Remaps

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Just T4s
    Great thanks for the information. I'm wondering if something may have already been done otherwise why would someone do all that if no remap?

Unfortunately I'm in Kent so bit too far to travel for me. Thanks anyway
    Cheers

Comment

Not posted foe a while so this will be a long one. .

R&R bed removed at the garage across the road. New side boards covered in black vinyl and the front drop down drawer vinyl wrapped in white and the door sticker bombed while out of the van.

Next was to remove the ply and remove the old insulation (which there wasn't much in there). Next was to fit silver foil insulation on walls and roof (double layer on roof). Then recycled plastic insulation on the walls, tailgate & sliding door.

Next was to get all the electrical wiring in place. Both 12v & 240v. This was the first time I had done 240v. As I use the van for work, I have a 12v system I needed to work in with the other electrics.

I was reusing the ply to keep costs down however on removing the roof ply it had split and broken off in a couple of places. Found a seller on ebay supplying a one piece full length per carpeted piece. The rest of the ply was cut out for electrics.

First time carpeting for me... went extremely well. All the boards went back in nicely and electrics (including the 240v) worked first time.

While the bed was at the garage waiting to be refitted I went over to fit the side and front boards. Noticed the seatbelts weren't operating correctly so ordered a set of three new ones.

Bed was fitted back into the van mid week and moved to the back of the van. The bed was originally 400mm forward when I bought. This meant the bed met with the front seats and left no space when down.

Friday I had a coolant pipe split which mean the van has been sitting in the drive till tomorrow when I can get the needed part, so thought I would have a productive weekend (and it has been)

First thing was to fit the 3 new seatbelts... they went in easy enough and work so much better than the old ones. Never used them so didn't know they were that bad.

Having a full width bed means I really had to think about storage options as you don't have a full length cupboard. My step dad made me a unit back in March. It wasn't what I asked for but now things have changed I decided to put it in. I cut out a new slightly bigger front panel from some ply I found in the garage amd carpeted it.

The next thing was a storage cupboard below the bed that runs from the drivers side wheel arch right up to the drivers seat. It needed to be low enough for the bed to come down and close to the leg to maximise space.

Firstly was to remove the diesel heater as it was in the way taking up so much space. The unit was built amd split into 2 sections. Closest to the wheel arch was for battery and electrics. Closest to the front seats storage for whatever the Mrs wants to fill them with.

Came out really well... not show standard but you have to look really close to see the places I cut the carpet a tad too short.

Finally I made a ply carpeted panel just to tidy up from the sliding door to the bed (where the wheel arch is). It's on a hinge so I can access it for work purposes and then shut it when in camper mode.

Table rail was refitted too.

Forgot to get finished pictures but will add some on friday when it's empty ed again from work stuff.

Fitted some LED lights in the back using v shape tile trim. Wrapped in black vinyl I had left over amd screwed into the roof pannel. Then the led strip fitted between the carpet and trim (on the trim).

Was sat in the van the other night in the dark turning the lights on and off lol. Not too bright and not too dark now

Lastly was the leaking hose I mentioned earlier... mechanic couldn't get his fat arms in the gap so i ended up doing it. 45 mins later amd all good as new

Last edited by Bluefrog; 15 June 2017, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Are they supposed to be anchorage points for a seatbelt?

Take it you are not restraining anything heavier (or valuable) than a bag of shopping with them? They look like the joke things my r'n'r came fitted with originally.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Are they supposed to be anchorage points for a seatbelt?

Take it you are not restraining anything heavier (or valuable) than a bag of shopping with them? They look like the joke things my r'n'r came fitted with originally.
          All solid reg.

Comment

Bought some steels the other day... just standard sprayed in gun metal silver along with the hub caps seen in pictures..

Got them one today amd I've got to say they look pretty good. There not too great up close but I don't care, she's not a show van.

Means I have 3 sets of steels now lol

Before

During

After

Comment

Working...
            X