Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    I;d consider ditching the fork lift entrance for a solid tailgate. Bloody curtains.
    Try finding one, not that easy to come by.

Some of these rare parts are going to rocket in price soon. If i had storage I would start hoarding things like that away.
    Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• I think I have two of every removable panel on a T4. I just know the moment I cash any of it in I'll be greeted to a van with a dirty great dent in it when returning to it in a car park.

Comment

• When you see van prices on eBay you think "wow" for a high mileage tatty van, but are they selling? I'm beginning to think not.
        Last edited by S49; 12 September 2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
          ...Some of these rare parts are going to rocket in price soon. If i had storage I would start hoarding things like that away.
          There's always your bedroom Arf

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post

Isn't it just a case of removing the glass, fabricating some metal panels, and then welding them in?

Admittedly it would be a lot of slow piecemeal careful work to achieve that 'one-piece' factory look, but you clearly have the skills.

For making compound curves, do you have access to an English Wheel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHm3-lu3e2Q
            That is something I've considered as I have two pairs of spare doors. The moment I get round to welding someone would offer a swap I spect knowing my luck.

Comment

You say that.
              ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹Many years ago during my yoooof I had an RS500 and a few spares that go with it including a bonnet which I gave away when I sold the car.
              I saw somebody on FB the other day asking 2000 pounds for one and somebody commented that just 1 grill can fetch 600.
              I nearly choked. I felt sick.

The same will happen with the rare t4 parts.
              Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Yep. I had a Honda ss50 on the field complete and in good nick. Could ride it now on my license and would have been yet another good project. It went with a load of scrap. Three grand now for a doer upper. Doh.

Comment

Dont, i have door cards and a steering column under the bed,dash cluster in the wardrobe and two wiper linkages under the telly.

Comment

• Guys. When I used to race bangers I used to throw all the trim. Bumpers lights anything not needed. Mk 2 granadas . Cortinas. All that stuff now is fortunes

Comment

That is something I've considered as I have two pairs of spare doors. The moment I get round to welding someone would offer a swap I spect knowing my luck.
                      Then you'll have two sets Si - make your dream come true x 2.

You'll always be able to flog the spare pair to HM

Comment

• Banger racing Paul, is that what we in the west know as Autograss?

Comment

Dont, i have door cards and a steering column under the bed,dash cluster in the wardrobe and two wiper linkages under the telly.
                          I've only got a 70 year old Norton petrol tank in my bedroom, plus some stanchions and a seat.

I can't remember putting them there, so surely my Ex must have done it?

Comment

Banger racing Paul, is that what we in the west know as Autograss?
                            They are all over the country it seems - they replaced the windscreen on my old Sierra

Comment

• Si. Bangers is full contact. Not that silly racing round a grass track with no crashing. Have a google at arena Essex bangers. That track is closed now but should still bring you something to look at. Jim I have no desire to have barn doors been there done that with my first T4. Tailgate much better

Comment

• Ahh thats what they do at Grimley raceway near Wooster. Mind theres some clever engineers building autograss specials these days. Not the cheap mot failure racing it was thirty years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X