No announcement yet.

Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having its first clean since 2019, if there a pirates explosion in the upper shire don't panic it'll be all the spores I've released. If you think you can here strains of Stay Clean while reading this it's cause I have the wireless at full blast Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220911_110633.jpg Views:	0 Size:	634.4 KB ID:	346325Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220911_110840.jpg Views:	0 Size:	644.2 KB ID:	346326
    Attached Files

Comment

• Valeters call it detailing, it's funny how folk at the lowest end of an operation always talk their part up to be the most difficult and skilled part. As Harvey Keitel says in Pulp Fiction pretty please with cream on top clean the fucking car Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220911_113622.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	585.8 KB
ID:	346330

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220911_132524.jpg Views:	0 Size:	557.5 KB ID:	346333Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220911_132453.jpg Views:	0 Size:	600.2 KB ID:	346334
        Last edited by S49; 11 September 2022, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Mind I'm only doing what shows. What twat designed those lumps in the roof. I'm not giving myself a thrombo shining what don't show. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220911_133440.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	757.2 KB
ID:	346337

Comment

• Thats it.I hadnt touch the roof since i "painted"it for fear of it falling off. Despite Cheesemans hatred for it the Rustylem came up a treat. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220911_153729.jpg Views:	0 Size:	757.7 KB ID:	346339
            Last edited by S49; 11 September 2022, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Trouble is once you start............i'm not happy with the bumpers now. They'll come off and get sprayed matt black. No i dont wanna here Wurth Bumper Dye.

Comment

• And those wheels, i have got about 6 sets mind just need to be bothered to get the best eight or so powered coated.

Comment

• You're slowly moving away from standard van man Si! It'll be colour coded lei flowers next .....

Comment

• It could do with going lower and i have some Audi alloys, they look nice but you see em on loadsavans. Wish i hadnt cut the windows to be honest.

Comment

• I;d consider ditching the fork lift entrance for a solid tailgate. Bloody curtains.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        It could do with going lower and i have some Audi alloys, they look nice but you see em on loadsavans. Wish i hadnt cut the windows to be honest.
                        You referred a few days back to selecting a Wurzel Gummidge type head from the workshop, if you kept your Rock'n'Roll Hed in the back it might lower it nicely! ;-)

Comment

• Very good It has some cheap and nasty fleabay springs on the back which are coil bound. I didnt know any better back in 2017,

Comment

I;d consider ditching the fork lift entrance for a solid tailgate. Bloody curtains.
                            What about sticking some opaque film on the glass Si? That's how WVan's Barn Doors came to me.

It's also easier to ignore the traffic building up behind you on a long slightly uphill single carriageway, when driving a noble 2.4D

Comment

• I'd love a pair of solid barn doors Jim. Just think they look greatand its the front screen you need to look out of when your flying down the road.

Comment

I'd love a pair of solid barn doors Jim. Just think they look great...
                                Isn't it just a case of removing the glass, fabricating some metal panels, and then welding them in?

Admittedly it would be a lot of slow piecemeal careful work to achieve that 'one-piece' factory look, but you clearly have the skills.

For making compound curves, do you have access to an English Wheel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHm3-lu3e2Q

Comment

Working...
                                X