No announcement yet.

Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I finally got round to swapping a good lenses from one with a broken chassis. With all the extra power I'll need to be able ta see where we're going. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220603_173516.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	668.6 KB
ID:	342679

Comment

• Not sure which is scruffyer my wheel or this forlorn dannylion. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220611_130957.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	854.7 KB
ID:	343366

Comment

• Your wheel! ;-)

Comment

• Some owners would probably pay for a textured wheel finish like that Si?

But it might also increase wind resistance and inhibit your vehicle performance as well

Comment

• Thats why it's now a 20 valve turbo.

Comment

• Not much action project wise this weekend as are Rachel was moving house. 6 trips to the tip by nine yesterday. Hoping to get the ole tub tested in the next couple a weeks. Full exhaust on. Minus 18inchs cut out the centre pipe as the system came off the doka. Undertray cut to fit round the intercooler, glad that it was a plastic one. Engine stuff will continue on the 1.8 thread but it's good to be back on this one. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220626_121553.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	640.0 KB
ID:	343487Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220626_121526.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	617.0 KB
ID:	343488Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220626_104804.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	632.9 KB
ID:	343489

Comment

• That shocker bush dont look too cleaver but theres no movement in it so we'll see.
                Last edited by S49; 27 June 2022, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Heat allowing this weekend I'm hoping to get the bus prepped for a long awaited mot. Set a rear pads and free off a caliper,headlight bulb. Oxy sensor and plumb in the evap and we can see what the tester finds?

Comment

• Brakes stripped cleaned and greased all round. Exhaust removed and a blow fixed.Just want to clean the thing out and give it a compound and wax and it can go for MOT.

Comment

• Test booked for the 26th. Should this be on the engine thread or here? The motors in the van i suppose and its the vehicle that gets mot'd. Techically the engine is tested via the emissions so theres a debate that could match the wheel bolt lub row.

Comment

• I wish u good luck mate

Comment

• Cheers Andreas, its just the emissions that are a mystery. So we should be ok. It was that reptile show in Madchester today, we didnt go. So we'll have to sort a meet of some sort thats not that far from you mate.

Comment

• Has S49's V5 been updated Si?

Comment

• Yep, it has. Did enquire about this with the tester and he said testwise it wasent an issue as he would amend it on the system at point of test. taxation the same. Insurance not too bothered as i have a blanket policy covering anything i'm licenced to drive.But as with all are vehicles i inform them as to any mods the moment they are done to avoid any "get outs".

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                Yep, it has. Did enquire about this with the tester and he said testwise it wasent an issue as he would amend it on the system at point of test. taxation the same. Insurance not too bothered as i have a blanket policy covering anything i'm licenced to drive.But as with all are vehicles i inform them as to any mods the moment they are done to avoid any "get outs".
                                So what's the emissions before and after.
                                I haven't driven petrol for years, so how is it represented on the V5 for emissions?

What info do you give?
                                Just engine code/year??

Comment

Working...
                                X