No announcement yet.

Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found the mystery water leak. I'll zoom in stop me when you spot it. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4908.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	723.3 KB
ID:	335917Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4905.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	733.5 KB
ID:	335918Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4906.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	973.6 KB
ID:	335919

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
      No it was fine till the switch it came with spunked the oil. The factors switch went bleep bleep bleep on road test, the first Meyle one did 3 months then going through flood water did that one, the next Meyle effort lasted through lockdown then went bleep bleep bleep and the latest Bosch one did 30 mile. If i could get a OE one it would be fine. Trawled the net for a Vdub one but no luck.
      I see that Brickwerks stock some Febi oil pressure switches:

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/catalog...itches&x=0&y=0

there's more shown further down the page - they are not all grouped together, and prices don't include P&P

Comment

• Cheers Jim. looking at those from Brickwerks i seem to remember the Meyle on that worked till the flood water killed it was grey. The Bosch one thou listed for it is white so i may have scored an own goal when fitting the lastest.will try another grey one once the core plugs in.

Comment

Cheers Jim. looking at those from Brickwerks i seem to remember the Meyle on that worked till the flood water killed it was grey. The Bosch one thou listed for it is white so i may have scored an own goal when fitting the lastest.will try another grey one once the core plugs in.
          Good thinking Si. I'd check the replacement switch you are looking for carefully against the Parts List to ensure that you source the correct switch - don't just rely on the Factors. Different switches will have different pressure ratings depending upon which of the oil galleries it fits into. I doubt very much whether the different coloured switches will be of different build quality, but you never know! However a high pressure switch will need to be the very best quality if it is not to leak?

Another possible causes is a jammed oil pressure release valve so that oil pressure when cold is much too high? I assume that there is one, located somewhere in the engine? I've taken some motorcycle valves to pieces in my time, and the design is such that this seems most unlikely, but maybe worth a looking at if you have this problem again? A trapped piece of debris maybe?

Comment

• The rat look fans would want to replace this with a manky bottle cap from a wanky micro brewery. I suspect the over groomed beard hairs would prevent a proper seal. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4910.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	746.5 KB
ID:	336120

Comment

• New core plug tapped in, with a smear of gasket sealant for Justin. Belts and pulleys on, coolant bled and it lives to fight another day. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4911.JPG Views:	3 Size:	665.3 KB ID:	336122Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4912.JPG Views:	3 Size:	664.9 KB ID:	336123
              Last edited by S49; 19 December 2021, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Nice work Si

Comment

• Well i gotta keep the motor going till the tax runs out and i wouldnt want you to have it in a poor condition Kev.

Comment

Well i gotta keep the motor going till the tax runs out and i wouldnt want you to have it in a poor condition Kev.
                    Haha , I may not need it , Iā€™ll see what condition the Bottom end of the original engine is like .

Tp has sourced a head , turbo , inlet manifold and injectors .

Comment

• Nice one, I meant it when i said you could have first refusal, if your fixed up thats great. Its coming out Feb ish unless i get impatient its going to be parked up the side the house so i can pick at it when the mood takes me. Apart from the intercooler and pipe work i have all i need but theres plenty of that on fleabay.Cant wait to get going, i shouldnt have taxed it really but there aint much street cred driving mothers left hand drive Pug 208 in pastel yellow

Comment

Nice one, I meant it when i said you could have first refusal, if your fixed up thats great. Its coming out Feb ish unless i get impatient its going to be parked up the side the house so i can pick at it when the mood takes me. Apart from the intercooler and pipe work i have all i need but theres plenty of that on fleabay.Cant wait to get going, i shouldnt have taxed it really but there aint much street cred driving mothers left hand drive Pug 208 in pastel yellow
                        Cheers.

Comment

• I dont know what i'm thinking sometimes, i've built this all up the weekend just to drive it 8 mile home then plan to get the motor out boxing day for the long awaited 1.8t 20 valve transplant. Doh!

Comment

I dont know what i'm thinking sometimes, i've built this all up the weekend just to drive it 8 mile home then plan to get the motor out boxing day for the long awaited 1.8t 20 valve transplant. Doh!
                            Ah good. Some Christmas reading material then. Ta Si.
                            Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Si. Are you putting the petrol in s49

Comment

• Yes Paul, messed around with it long enough now.

Comment

Working...
                                X