No announcement yet.

Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah. Easy. To use. Don't know anything about these new four wheel things. Do we need to learn some new tricks. Or carry on as we are

Comment

• Carry on as we are Paul.

Comment

• Yeah. Sounds good to me. The youngsters at work all tell me I am to old. But I can still do the job alot better than them. They will never be as good as me. As long as they got a hole in there arse
        I don't take that much notice anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
          Yeah. Sounds good to me. The youngsters at work all tell me I am to old. But I can still do the job alot better than them. They will never be as good as me. As long as they got a hole in there arse
          I don't take that much notice anyway
          The problem with youngsters is they don’t want to get their hands dirty , they think they know how to do it but don’t and they can talk about it all day but still can’t do it and lastly , zero respect for someone who has been in the trade for a long time .

its like todays mechanic , plug in , rear codes , change part ....

Comment

• Hi. Kev. I have been doing what I do for. 30 +. Years. And good at what I do. The youngster's are around 23 and think they are the dogs dangles. The govner says I should teach them tricks of the trade. I don't think so

Comment

• Am I still a youngster?

I can’t get my hands dirty as it ruins my fake nails and manicure.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
              #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                Am I still a youngster?

I can’t get my hands dirty as it ruins my fake nails and manicure.

No your an old fart like the rest of us

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

The problem with youngsters is they don’t want to get their hands dirty , they think they know how to do it but don’t and they can talk about it all day but still can’t do it and lastly , zero respect for someone who has been in the trade for a long time .

its like todays mechanic , plug in , rear codes , change part ....
                  Then when the new part dont fix it they ask someone who can test the system to have a look

Comment

• Give them an old school car and ask them to change the point and condenser. ??????
                    Wonder how long it will take or if they will suss it out

Comment

Give them an old school car and ask them to change the point and condenser. ??????
                      Can I borrow someone’s feeler gauges? I only use mine as tooth picks these days.

I mean, what’s a condenser and points? Shit, maybe I am an old fart. Or maybe a young one that knows a tiny bit about old shit? Who am I kidding lol

#vanlife

Comment

• Hi Tommy I have a capri. Pinto engine still with points. So simple even you could do them. But not on mine

Comment

Give them an old school car and ask them to change the point and condenser. ??????
                          Am I allowed to change them for an ignition module and trigger wheel to get rid of that old junk?

Comment

• We can allow that i think d-9 but no ECU's

Comment

• No. One will touch it apart from me. If it ain't broke. Don't fix it. It works fine as it is. Even at 40 years old

Comment

Hi Tommy I have a capri. Pinto engine still with points. So simple even you could do them. But not on mine
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X