No announcement yet.

Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was going to fit this, but with the clutch at the top of its travel and the usual revolving door of oils leaks going to drop the box and change the clutch its been off the road 5 weeks so another couple wont hurt. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4156.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	836.0 KB
ID:	312484

Comment

• Hi. Si. At least you you have half of it apart already

Comment

• That was my thinking Paul. Offered up the rack this afternoon thought how much easier it would be with the box out, remembered it was at the top of its travel and the decision was made for me.

Comment

• Hi. Si. I have fixed the problem with my headlights oil light /buzzer. Rev counter. I was playing with the relays in the fuse box that had brown wires that looked like earth wires. It did the trick

Comment

• That's great news Paul.Cant beat the feeling of fixing it your self.

Comment

• Yeah so much easier I did one on the old van when engine and box out. 10 mins work

Comment

• This isn't in the Bahco or Vdub special tools listing. Last used holding a bulge in a house back I suspect. Rain stopped play. Note to self, next time the vans off the road for an extended period do it up the side of the house and save a 16 mile round trip to the hobby cave. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4168.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	688.9 KB
ID:	312821

Comment

• Gearbox out at long last. Subframe "karchered" off. I did two 1.9td t4 clutch's before it entered my head to own one and I don't remember it being that much of a pain to get out. Maybe its because I was being paid to do it.Soaked to the skin but well happy. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4173.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	679.8 KB
ID:	312954Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4174.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	664.4 KB
ID:	312955

Comment

• Nice1 Si.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      This isn't in the Bahco or Vdub special tools listing. Last used holding a bulge in a house back I suspect. Rain stopped play. Note to self, next time the vans off the road for an extended period do it up the side of the house and save a 16 mile round trip to the hobby cave. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4168.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	688.9 KB
ID:	312821
                      Can't make it out, but is that bar locking the hub?

Top tip - drop a long bolt or screwdriver into the disc vents and let it stop against the caliper. Much less intrusive, far more convenient and less likely to slip out.

How come the rack is out as well - separate issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Can't make it out, but is that bar locking the hub?

How come the rack is out as well - separate issue?
                        The steering rack was leaking , it’s a locking bar between the studs to stop the shaft from turning .

Comment

• Had the rack rebuilt due to a leak. Didn't have anyone about to stand on the brakes Sunday morning while I undid the hub and drive shaft bolts. This was lying about and I was too lazy to pop up the top yard and get a more slimline alternative.

Comment

• Steering rack back in and the column and hoses connected no photos as we called by dads on the off chance while that orange thing was in the sky after filling the blue bus with petrol.

Comment

• Clutch fitted using the S49 clutchomatic AKA a Peugeot one you get with a clutch kit with the spigot end cut off and some tape wrapped around it. Hope Robs clutch has a better warranty that Jez's tyres Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4213.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	660.1 KB
ID:	313736Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4207.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	762.6 KB
ID:	313735

Comment

• Offside inner driveshaft boot replaced. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4208.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	650.1 KB
ID:	313739Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4211.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	631.9 KB
ID:	313740Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4212.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	913.8 KB
ID:	313741