No announcement yet.

Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'd think it was a sad day but its not. Just about finished clearing the old workshop. Reg you can see the walls and floor.Open to offers for the lift, 3 ton, 3 phase could do with the lift nuts replacing three hundred quid would secure. Should have changed trades 10 year ago I reckon. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3918.JPG Views:	0 Size:	663.5 KB ID:	308156Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3919.JPG Views:	0 Size:	692.3 KB ID:	308157Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3920.JPG Views:	0 Size:	664.3 KB ID:	308158
    Last edited by S49; 15 August 2020, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
      You'd think it was a sad day but its not. Just about finished clearing the old workshop. Reg you can see the walls and floor.Open to offers for the lift, 3 ton, 3 phase could do with the lift nuts replacing three hundred quid would secure. Should have changed trades 10 year ago I reckon. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3918.JPG Views:	0 Size:	663.5 KB ID:	308156Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3919.JPG Views:	0 Size:	692.3 KB ID:	308157Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3920.JPG Views:	0 Size:	664.3 KB ID:	308158
      Id kill for a work space like that. At least you are happy going to work now Si. I've hated my trade for last 10 year also.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Im interested in the lift Si.
        PM some details please.
        Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• I'll get some details off the plate on it mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
            I'll get some details off the plate on it mate.
            Thanks Si.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Started stripping the rack out of the van today. But found another just as worrying problem. The right inner cv boot was split but there was loads of gear oil coming out of it. Checked the box level and its like the old empty barn in Frasers dads army story.................theres nothing in it. Suspect the seal between the box and trumpet has gone , we'll see next week. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3990.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	650.2 KB
ID:	309277Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3989.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	698.9 KB
ID:	309278

Comment

• The bolts that hold the rack on are torx, reckon they had a BMC designer on lease loan when the did that bit. After moving my tools from the old workshop to my hobby shed I seem to have lost a couple a torx sockets, so I had to make one out of an old socket and an Aldi torx wrench. Hardly Snap On or Britool but better than Bahco. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3992.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	716.9 KB
ID:	309280Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3993.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	605.5 KB
ID:	309281

Comment

• On occasions you just have to improvise , best thing about cheap tools is your not afraid to modify them

Comment

• A bit more done while waiting for the refurb of the rack. Trumpet washed off and seals replaced. Their used to be a pop called Tizer and a degreaser called Jizer, don't get em mixed up. For those old enough " you can tell its Jizer when your eyes are shut" Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4090.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	890.5 KB
ID:	311252Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4094.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	885.4 KB
ID:	311253Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4095.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	674.4 KB
ID:	311254Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4096.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	749.7 KB
ID:	311256Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4099.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	801.5 KB
ID:	311255Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4097.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	709.1 KB
ID:	311257

Comment

• Be careful pressure washing them off, you don't want needle rollers all over the place, don't ask. I'll refit once I've shoe horned the rack back in.

Comment

• Aye up Si. Looks like you’ve got the exact same problem as me. My gearbox oil was leaking from the seal that goes between the trumpet and gearbox. I had it fixed but it’s started again. Is this an easy job? Could I handle it do you think? I want to do it myself this time. Also, where did you get the new seal from bud?

Frenchy.

Comment

• Hi Jez, simple enough job with the van on axle stands. Once the shafts out the hub and spline bolts undone its 4 bolts where the trumpet meets the box but needs a little tap to release the spring clip on the inner shaft that holds it in the diff. You also need to unplug the speedo pick up, I then unscrewed it off the trumpet totally to be safe.
                          Last edited by S49; 27 September 2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Seals off fleabay. Seal for left and right shaft plus the blanking plug for the end of the offside shaft 20 quid.The blue one has a slight leak on the left shaft so the left over seal will go on Mol's van.

Comment

• Nice 1 Si. Cheers.

Comment

• Steering racks back at last so hoping to at least make a start on the refit.

Comment

Working...
                                X