Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by campermark71 View Post

Looks a good finish, if you don't mind me asking which Bilt Hamber product did you use?
    That's electrox primer Mark

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Its fast becoming the must have primer, blame Reg. But not in a trendy it just does the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
        Its fast becoming the must have primer, blame Reg. But not in a trendy it just does the job.
        It's good stuff. Si, should I be filling those wee pinholes in my pic above? If so, with what?

Comment

• If that's an internal panel that will be covered by ply or trim it shouldn't hurt. As long as it hasn't lost too much strength. Or is it the rear cross member?
          Last edited by S49; 6 April 2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• That bit mate

Comment

• I know I've still bits to weld where the holes are rusting away. I've cleaned up everything round these bits. On the internal bit aswell to a shiny metal finish. Then primer till I move on to next bit. But still the wee pits

Comment

• Right. The big holes need welding up then. Not sure anymore on the pin holes MOT wise. if they are rust free and cover with stone chip it be fine. Skiddy would give a definitive answer being our resident MOT tester.

Comment

• Now would be the time to do any repairs as its easier with it still off the van access wise.

Comment

Now would be the time to do any repairs as its easier with it still off the van access wise.
                    That's the plan! I've cleaned up the sill to a nice shiny standard. It's in my living room. Beside the alloys I got from Rob. Yea Michelle is well pleased! Sill needs some welding done though. I'm doing the same with the floor piece, i know those big holes need done but it's those wee pits I'm unsure about. Theyr not right through or anything. No more rust dust comes outa them when sanding. I thought a skim of some kinda filler?? I can only do so much at mine as the welder is at big kevs farm.

Comment

Its a 1.9td. The alternator is in a similar position on the 2.4 but the belt is tensioned by a separate tensioner rather than moving the alternator, I think.
                      OK thanks I will take a look and see whether I think it's in my capabilities!
                      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

• Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
                        That's electrox primer Mark

Thanks bud, I think I will try some.
                        http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

• Originally posted by campermark71 View Post

Thanks bud, I think I will try some.
                          Buy it direct from Bilt Hamber , orders over £60 gets you free delivery.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Bit more bodgery on the ole tub today. Got some better doors from Frenchy but don't want to loose the stickers yet. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3426.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	673.3 KB
ID:	292863

Comment

• Hell I was so bored I even T cutted the panel above the gecko. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3427.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	618.8 KB
ID:	292865Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3418.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	639.6 KB
ID:	292866Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3416.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	738.9 KB
ID:	292867