No announcement yet.

Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it Steve. Think ours was 38 quid of the bay of flea. Ideally you want one with 4 relays so if one fails you don't loose all the lights on that beam. Mine is the two relay type. New loom plugs into the bulbs and the left hand loom to the light then a live and an earth and your away. For some reason then if the ignition is on you will get headlights with the side lights turned on. If you then disconnect the dim dip resister under the slam panel by the right hand light you'll have just side lights when they are switched on. With the standard bulbs there is an increase in brightness as you are removing the voltage drop through the switch and wiring, The upgrade loom then enables you to use higher wattage bulbs without heating up the wiring on the vehicle.
    Last edited by S49; 5 May 2019, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Thanks pal. I’ll look into it[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• A bit of curbside resprays today. Just to keep the tin worm at bay. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	267337Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2013.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	267338Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2015.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	267339Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2017.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	267340

Comment

• Hope i'm not in breach of Benf's copyright but doing the old wheels black like his. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2009.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	267341Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2011.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	267342

Comment

• Pound Land primer and gloss black at........you've guessed it a pound a can.So it cost me a massive 2 quid a wheel One wheel to do when it comes back from Lemster Tyres with a shinny new tyre on Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
              A bit of curbside resprays today. Just to keep the tin worm at bay. [ATTACH=CONFIG]12508[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12509[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12510[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12511[/ATTACH]

I really need to do all my arches , a job when the weather is a bit better .

Comment

• Weren't happy with the edge it left when the masking was removed so flatted it again and redid it. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2023.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	267352Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2024.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	267353
                Last edited by S49; 26 May 2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Weren't happy with the edge it left when the mashing was removed so flatted it again and redid it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]12523[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12524[/ATTACH]
                  That looks great - can you pop down to Devon and do mine? [emoji38]

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Just T4s
                  '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

• Its a bit ten yard AV. Stone chip on the edge is a close match to one of the 4 colours of white we seem to have on it.. Not sure whether to add paint as I don't what to blow it.
                    Last edited by S49; 26 May 2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Nice job,I’ve found Halfords Vw alpine white is the best match to mine.A little bit whiter,but not by much.What are the wheels going on S49 or the blue one?

Comment

• S49. Having the BBS's repaired and powder coated for the blue one as I seem to have relinquished ownership of those somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
                          That looks great - can you pop down to Devon and do mine? [emoji38]

If I can do it Leigh i'm sure you could. I get in a bit of a rush. Twice while wet I wiped it off with a towel and stormed off in a huff.
                          Last edited by S49; 26 May 2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

If I can do it AV i'm sure you could. I get in a bit of a rush. Twice while wet I wiped it off with a towel and stormed off in a huff.
                            Ah mate, I got no patience for paint... Expectations always exceed talent! [emoji2959]

'00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

• I'm a bit like that mate. have loads on going ideas. perhaps 2 out 10 get done. Next is the sofa bed which I plan to turn into a bed pod to fit in either van. Dick Turpins not getting my cash for a R and R bed.

Comment

• Got a load of old Britool whitworth sockets at the car boot today, some reading material as i'm a bit of a book worm and some ex rental overalls(not shown). why whitworth you may ask? Well if you struggle with rounded nuts they are great for hammering on once rounded. Got me out of the poo countless times. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2031.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	267359

Comment

Working...
                                X