No announcement yet.

Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great to meet up with Stevemc this morning. Done a little seat exchange and these are now bolted in. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1660.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	266911Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1661.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	266912

Comment

• Old 'velle seats Si - I think they're a better seat personally, as good as the later Transporter ones are , I think the earlier ones are firmer / denser foam.

Comment

• This is next. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1662.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	266913

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          This is next. [ATTACH=CONFIG]11954[/ATTACH]
          Nice. Again more comfortable.

Comment

• All done at home Kev with my Fisher Price socket set and Aldi spanners

Comment

• Looks great Si[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Its does mate thank you. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1664.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	266915Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1665.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	266916 Even better with one in the back once I worked out where it went.

Comment

• D bushs and roll bar links next on the hit list. It never stops but hey its a 20 year old vehicle.

Comment

• My grandfather had a bus company in the 50's. He had a split screen minibus. If I put the two others seats in we'll have come full circle and the boss may open Molly's mystery tours.
                    Last edited by S49; 19 April 2019, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• This will be "old hat" to a lot on here. Discovered we had no reverse lamps last night. Popped the plug off the switch which is on top of the gearbox. Tested with a multi metre(black lead to earth red to switch plug) and found no power. Dropped the fuse box lid in the drivers foot.well, earthed the metres black lead and tested for voltage on each fuse in turn, you could get the hand book and find the fuse but couldn't be arsed. A lot of blade fuses have a dimple top and bottom you can test on. Found the fuse and it only had power to the bottom side. Changed fuse then bridged the connection on plug with a bit of wire and hey presto let there be light. this basically tests everything bare the switch so with the plug bridged if you still have no lights check the bulbs next. Popped the plug back on the gearbox, put in reverse and all was how it should be. if they still didn't work you check the power across the switch and replace as required. Not rocket science but could save you an hours labour at your local garage. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1666.jpg
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	266923Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1667.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	266924Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1672.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	266925Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1673.jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	266926Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1675.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	266927Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1674.jpg
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	266928Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1676.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	266929 Done with a 9.99 Aldi multimetre that I keep in the van, not my posh Fluke one from work.
                      Last edited by S49; 22 April 2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Glad it was just the reverse lights as if i'd been miles from anywhere it wasn't the time to find I hadn't any spare fuses in the van....doh!

Comment

• Another master class keep it up Si!! Giving others the confidence to have a go is what its about

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Little rummage at the boot sale. Fed my old tool fetish. Stahlwillie spark plug socket and 14mm socket, Hazet 3/4 socket,Challenger 16mm socket, Craftsman 10mm socket 3 stubby screw drivers including a 70's Britool one all a quid each. Then a brand new Stahlwillie 13mm crows foot and Facum 8mm allen socket both 2 quid and still in the wrappers. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1677.jpg
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	266930
                            Last edited by S49; 22 April 2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• i'll get me coat.

Comment

• Luckily they didn’t have any seats for sale

Comment

Working...
                                X