Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    That's one sure way of getting Arfur to the Midlands meet!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
    That's fair got me chuckling, good one. Thanks.
    Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
      Firstly, rjhoy. ..your cards marked .

Secondly, these photos have been in there days....how did I miss them? Looks smart. Love the lizard decorations. One thing being stuck out here is you do miss a good shed. Might have to buy one.

Anyway, as I'm reading this look what's turned up for Molly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9189[/ATTACH]
      Is that a get go? [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• My better half says that's a house gecko . Its an Arfurs house gecko.

Comment

• It's called Harry the Hamster (loosely translated) because the little one says it is....who am I to argue?
          Call it what you want, they keep the bugs of my plants and that makes them very welcome .
          Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 23 May 2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Tidy, glad he earns his keep.

Comment

• Him and all his mates. Two live in the ducting for the extractor over the hob. This annoys Mrs FA a lot. Can hear them move at night

Comment

• Update.....not house gecko's but Moorish Geckos. She's been on the net looking them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  Update.....not house gecko's but Moorish Geckos. She's been on the net looking them up.
                  They certainly are moorish ......especially with bbq sauce.

Comment

• I'm joking Molly, it's ok.

Comment

• Working thro our oils leak's top to bottom. Its mostly coming from the rocker cover I think. Dry behind cam belt so the cam/oil pump drive pulley seal can go into stock. Will change oil cooler too. Got inlet manifold off just for the sake of it. But no gasket between inlet manifold and EGR elbow so here's a quick how to make one if you find yourself miles from a factors and need a gasket. All you need is a ballpein hammer some gasket paper in this case Aldi morning oats box. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0042.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	263972Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0043.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	263973Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0044.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	263974Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0045.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	263975 Hold down gasket paper on the part you want a gasket for tap round the edges with the ball end of your hammer nice and gently being careful not to move the paper. I always find that the hardest part. With a bit of practice you can make quite a complicated gasket if required. No good on exhausts or headgaskets but ok for coolant or oil gaskets or in this case air intake with egr blanked. There's a few motors kicking about with "S49 get you home" water pump gaskets.

Comment

• Good old fashioned mechanic tech there, I have had better results with home made gaskets than with some supplied kits over the years!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Dying art I suspect , lots of sumps just have a "gasket" out of a power can these days, but sometimes you cant do without one.

Comment

Dying art I suspect , lots of sumps just have a "gasket" out of a power can these days, but sometimes you cant do without one.
                            It is, as is "fixing" parts rather than replacing them!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Making gaskets must run in the family. Our dads off to France tomorrow in his TR2. Got it out the shed and the exhaust manifold was blowing. off came the manifold and the old bugger man a gasket out of thick fire proof gasket paper. Probably made of something long since banned and as old as me. Said be fecked if he was going in mothers little Peugeot.

Comment

Making gaskets must run in the family. Our dads off to France tomorrow in his TR2. Got it out the shed and the exhaust manifold was blowing. off came the manifold and the old bugger man a gasket out of thick fire proof gasket paper. Probably made of something long since banned and as old as me. Said be fecked if he was going in mothers little Peugeot.
                                Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?

Anyways, just for you Simon, today's view.
                                And yes, before you ask.......yes it is. Nice clear one today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180531_120743_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	263995

Comment

Working...
                                X