Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Being in the trade you'd think it a given. But the people I use do it right that's why I use them. Wouldn't use someone who "winked" them thro' for the trade like some testers do.
    Years ago I had a hardtail chop with straight through pipes. I had to use a tester different to my regular guy to get it through. I used to pull up at his garage, he would log in the computer with dvla and I would make him a brew and a joint. We would chat for a while and 30 mins or so later he would print my certificate. He knew my bikes and knew I wouldn't ride them unless they were road worthy but still.
    Wish I could find somebody like that for my van but alas, it's all goverment owned here.
    Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 19 December 2017, 07:17 PM.
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• double post f up, auto correct can go do one too.
      Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 19 December 2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Sure it'll be fine mate. Do the Haynes manual mot test on it before you take and you wont go far wrong Tony.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          Being in the trade you'd think it a given. But the people I use do it right that's why I use them. Wouldn't use someone who "winked" them thro' for the trade like some testers do.
          Our testers are even stricter on our own cars, purely for those who think it'll get through with some distraction methods...

Fresh MOT makes me happy, knowing that my vehicle is in a roadworthy condition, and not just because I think so. It's like getting a knowing glance over work you've done, by someone with more experience. 😀

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
          '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

• That's it. Adventure, never hurts to have a fresh pair of eyes look over it. When I used to test at the Volvo agent I wouldn't test my own motor. Nothing to stop you I just wouldn't.

Comment

• Good dooo s49 ..

Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s

Comment

• Hats off to you interior boys. Spent the morning fitting new headlining ply. Why fit it bare you ask?........well if you new our house hold anything left lying about gets trampled or thrown out so I reckon the safest place for it was in the roof. Now its in cant decide whether to use the 4 way stuff I've ordered or to just take it out and paint it. At least the roof looks a bit more loved now. Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	262933Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12020.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	262934Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12021.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	262935

Comment

• Looks better mate 👍if your carpeting the sides it'll probably look better with a contrast on the roof..my mates is carpeted on roof and sides and he's gonna strip the roof says it's too much 🤔

Sent from my SM-G950F using Just T4s

Comment

• Clear varnish after a light rub down.

Comment

• We put red dials in the boss's XR3 in the 90's, you now where this is going don't you. Well I bowed to the pressure in the end and Molly got her way.........I don't think it looks as bad as I thought it would mind but i'll draw the line at white stilettos. Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12023.jpg
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	262937Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12028.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	262938

Comment

• Looks fresher and brighter.

Comment

• I like it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Nice 👌

Sent from my SM-G950F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                              Clear varnish after a light rub down.
                              Seconded. Even if you did carpet the sides the roof would still work. Clean wood - v nice S49!

Sent by Rectum Pulse Modulator

Comment

• Nice job

Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X