Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But its an old un.

Comment

• So having dicked about over other vans and projects it looks like sometime next year the ole tub may get a 1.8t. Got to start getting the donor engine and gubbings out next weekend while the boss does a search and capture mission around the yard for anything else Vdub that takes her fancy.Its going to be a long one as the van will stay on the road till the last possible minute. Once I have my head round the wiring i'll be torn as to whether to get it in and running or do a full rebuild on the motor first. Activ asked about 6 speed boxes but viewing Regs thread on the subject i'll stick to 5 speed at least I can count that high. If i'd gone for the J reg van there would have been 12 months work to get it to the stage that S49 is at now including removing the camper conversion it already had. Much more sense to do the van I already have. I can gradually put the 700 quid the van was going to cost into the motor without leaving myself short and Molly is treating me to the 1.8 for xmas. But she did say once I have it all worked out if we dropped on a Mark 2 golf it could all go in that instead. Does she know something I don't?
      Last edited by S49; 25 October 2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
        So having dicked about over other vans and projects it looks like sometime next year the ole tub my get a 1.8t. Got to start getting the donor engine and gubbings out next weekend while the boss does a search and capture mission around the yard for anything else Vdub that takes her fancy.Its going to be a long one as the van will stay on the road till the last possible minute. Once I have my head round the wiring i'll be torn as to whether to get it in and running or do a full rebuild on the motor first. Activ asked about 6 speed boxes but viewing Regs thread on the subject i'll stick to 5 speed at least I can count that high. If i'd gone for the J reg van there would have been 12 months work to get it to the stage that S49 is at now including removing the camper conversion it already had. Much more sense to do the van I already have. I can gradually put the 700 quid the van was going to cost into the motor without leaving myself short and Molly is treating me to the 1.8 for xmas. But she did say once I have it all worked out if we dropped on a Mark 2 golf it could all go in that instead. Does she know something I don't?
        I have a suspicion 🤙🏽

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          So having dicked about over other vans and projects it looks like sometime next year the ole tub my get a 1.8t. Got to start getting the donor engine and gubbings out next weekend while the boss does a search and capture mission around the yard for anything else Vdub that takes her fancy.Its going to be a long one as the van will stay on the road till the last possible minute. Once I have my head round the wiring i'll be torn as to whether to get it in and running or do a full rebuild on the motor first. Activ asked about 6 speed boxes but viewing Regs thread on the subject i'll stick to 5 speed at least I can count that high. If i'd gone for the J reg van there would have been 12 months work to get it to the stage that S49 is at now including removing the camper conversion it already had. Much more sense to do the van I already have. I can gradually put the 700 quid the van was going to cost into the motor without leaving myself short and Molly is treating me to the 1.8 for xmas. But she did say once I have it all worked out if we dropped on a Mark 2 golf it could all go in that instead. Does she know something I don't?
          The plot thickens Si.....

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

• Just a bit of upkeep this morning, it was cutting the tyres on the inside edge. Was just going to give it half a turn more toe in on each of the track rods but thought feck it lets do it right. It was toeing 1mm toe out and according to the Autodata wall chart it should be 2.3mm toe in. As it was taking the inside edge I knew it was toeing out a tad too much so I've set to 2mm toe in and will monitor for a couple a hundred miles. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2839.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	268517
            Last edited by S49; 20 October 2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• No news from the scrappy on the AEB but I did say to em there was no rush. But I am dying to get started on the engine bits and of course I have to remove the wiring from the A6.

Comment

• Discovered today we had no brake lights. Fixed with a 2 pin switch from a P reg mark 3 golf. I now seem to have most of North Herefordshire's stock of second hand switch's.

Comment

• Just a bit more up keep today. Namely a blown number plate bulb. I'd recommend you check all light operation weekly. Goodness knows how long are brake lights were inoperative.And apart from brakes,tyres, steering and suspension its one of the most dangerous faults you can have.

Comment

• Could this be the filthyist Dirty Dub in North Herefordshire? Brakes hoses replaced for mot on Friday. Give it a wash later and get the belly pan back on. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2987.JPG Views:	0 Size:	706.1 KB ID:	286370Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2986.JPG Views:	0 Size:	704.3 KB ID:	286371

Comment

• "Three tones" Si, .... can't beat a 'used van look'.
                      Last edited by Activ8; 25 January 2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Flaps of the mud variety!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skiddy View Post
                          Flaps of the mud variety!
                          Not keen on em Skiddy mate. Helps trap moisture and promote rust in my mind. And I tend to just let the mud collect in the winter and hope it acts as a barrier to the road salt.

Comment

• Knocked this up at work yesterday, its a seat satchel for a M38 Jeep. Thought it would be handy on one of the barn doors or rear quarter panel . Will try it tomorrow. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2990.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	673.2 KB
ID:	286384

Comment

• Oh I like that!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• May have a go at dreaming up a detachable left hand door pocket when I get a moment.If I sprayed Vdub on the satchel it could feature in this years secret santa.

Comment

Working...
                                X