Syd the Syncro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by syncropaul View Post
    Looks very different from mine which is the same as Baldy's, plastic cover missing too.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app
    hi paul, that's completely different to mine, what year is your van?
    1995 petrol(acu) syncro multivan just passed 300,000 km's and still going strong

Comment

Syd the Syncro

Mine is a 2000 van (velle), yeah, quite different actually, the locking lever is on the wheel carrier itself. Behind the plastic cover it's actually quite similar though. Flipping VW! All these changes!

Last edited by syncropaul; 19 February 2016, 02:16 PM.

Comment

ahh, got ya, makes getting the right spare parts a pain, i do believe the plastic cover is available from Heritage/Classic parts, if you need one, i'm sure someone on the other channel got one
        1995 petrol(acu) syncro multivan just passed 300,000 km's and still going strong

Comment

Syd the Syncro

Haha, yes I got two from VW classic.. I looking to get it all blasted and powder coated to tidy things up, the receiver/latch assy is pretty rusty it will need a bit of metal glueing in I think!

Comment

I'll have to give the classic parts another try to see if I was barking up the wrong tree. Can't wait to get back and get started on it and get the spare off the roof.
            Untitled by Matt Wilde, on Flickr
            Last edited by ArcticMatt; 8 March 2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Hi how have you gone on mounting your wheel carrier ove got one to got top with all the internal gubings ive pics and measurments of you need them

Comment

Spare wheel gate

Hi how have you gone on mounting Ive one to fit on my syncro ive got pics part numbers of the internal gubbings
                If you want them plus measure ments

Comment

Originally posted by pwarby View Post
                  Hi how have you gone on mounting Ive one to fit on my syncro ive got pics part numbers of the internal gubbings
                  If you want them plus measure ments
                  I've still not started it yet. I'm living in Norway at the mo and all the bits are back in the UK. I'm getting started on it next months all being well. I've only got measurement off one of the threads on the T4 forum but if you've got any more info, that would be great.

I've still got to get it sprayed or powder coated. I'm going to get my steel wheels done at the same time. Quite a lot a jobs to do when I get back.

Wish me luck

Comment

Yep mine was off t4..t5 forum

Comment

Finally back in Blighty. Syd started first time. Gave boiled linseed oil a try to try and get the bumpers back to a decent state. Works fine and only a fiver from B&Q. Got a set of BFG's ready to fit too [emoji41]

Comment

nice, looks smart

watch what you do with the rags with linseed oil on, tends to self combust if left in direct sunlight!

Comment

I'll keep that in mind. I'm just using kitchen roll at the moment. It leaves my hands smelly like old vegetable fat!

Comment

I've got this to try next to get rid of those tougher stains

Comment

These came today for just £20. Richer sounds!

Comment

Took the duellers off today and borrowed a set of my mates winter wheels whilst I get mine re-coated in preparation for the BFG's

Comment

Working...
                                X