Our friends at the EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our friends at the EU

I have been doing some interesting reading today. It would seem that the EU are contemplating brining in new legislation with regards to MOT regulations. Their intentions are to make it illegal to alter ANY THING on a vehicle from how it was first manufactured and if they are altered then it would mean an instant fail. This covers the most simple of things, eg., change of headlamps, different wheels, tinted windows, in fact if this new ruling is passed then every T4 conversion would be an instant fail. This is regardless of weather the brakes are faulty or any thing else is wrong with the motor.
    If this information is correct then there is a drastic need for all such groups as ours to raise this matter with those who have a say in this matter as it would be devastating to all businesses involved in modifying any vehicles, all enthusiasts who do their own motors every one who produces and sells these parts the list goes on.
    All I can say is check around and see if there is any truth in this.

I've not seen this anywhere Dave but it certainly sounds like something that the lovely guys and girls at the EU would push for whilst being driven about in there brand new mercs!! Surely if this was passed it would have to be for any vehicle produced after the rule was introduced? If I look out my kitchen window I can see 5 or 6 cars that would be instant fails out of 8!!

All that sad on a plus side I guess it will give me an excuse with my wife for having another pile of t4 bits in the garage, shed.......patio!!!!
    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

The way I read it, may be wrong, but it would apply to ALL vehicles. There was even talk of changing the exemption year ruling. I will see if I can find the article and post up the details.

Comment

It was something suggested back in 2012 and never got any where, think it's being floated around again to scare people into voting out

Comment

I can remember back in the 90's when Martin Bangemann headed up the EU and this sort of misery was being discussed back then.

Comment

As Dan has said I remember reading this back in 2012 and it never came to anything back then.
            I have seen this pop up again recently but when you look at the date on the article it is 2012 so yip its resurfaced just as the vote is coming up..

Comment

I know some eu countries this is in force but of top of my head I'm unsure which ones

Sent from my E6653 using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

This has been tried several times since the eighties to stop building custom bikes. Fortunately the biking lobby is very pro active and has managed to stop it. This type of thing usually comes out of Germany first for some reason they do like to tell us what to do [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

Working...
                X