No announcement yet.

Ness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He’s not biting Kevin of the Valleys. Having non of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

• OK so to make matters more odd
      She used no coolent on her way home this time

Comment

• In a last ditch attempt to sort my coolant issues out. I force bleed the coolent again using an elevated filler and putting low pressure onto the head of the system. I seem to have somthing close to a properly operating cooling/heater system.....
        I may not have to shell out for a head gasket replacement at the moment but in the last month, I have replaced all 4 tyres and insurance!!!!
        Oh and ness decided that she didn't like her steering rack,,,,,
        3 of the 4 bolts holding the rack to the k frame sheared!!
        I think the issue started when I set off back to Manchester, as I was driving I felt tramlining but as the road is rutted I didn't think anything of it. When I got to my parents house I parked her and no further issue.
        Morning after as I reversed out of the parking space I heard bang bang and then had a funny feeling in the wheel stiffer one way than the other....
        Got to work parked
        On my way back to my parents more banging and more odd feelings in the wheel
        I thought go to the back jack her up and see if I can see an issue
        And that was the last I moved her as I couldn't streighten the wheel from full right lock
        I was thinking steering column coming adrift
        How wrong I was

I got her up in the air and asked my dad to move the steering wheel
        Looking around I saw the whole rack moving around as the wheel was moved!!!
        Light panic as I had done 120 miles with the issue starting,,,,,
        Also traveling back to Wales a couple of days later I needed her fixed
        Loads of calls later she was booked into a local garage that my dad uses for little jobs
        4 bolts and nuts later, the only remaining bolt had snapped the last nut off the k frame and the other 3 had remains of bolt in them all below flush..........
        So she now doesn't have captive nuts and has the strongest bolts I could get!!!

So after 6 years of relative cheap motoring now that fuel is more expensive than I have ever known I have had an expencive month!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s

Comment

• Didn't you replace the rack a while back? Are the rack bolts signed to be used once like head bolts? As it seems strange for them to shear off.

Comment

• Or did they come loose and then shear through the rack moving more than likely. As I did S49s rack in 2020 I'd better check the bolts

Comment

• I have a feeling they may have come loose and I didn't notice, I know they were definatly "ffffffffully tight"

Comment

• Looks like Ness ain't happy with her high (ish) mile life style
                I have a new issue where the low oil pressure warning light is coming on like a disco along with yup the annoying beep
                Oil level is fine and the engine sounds great ......
                So I am thinking dodgy wires or sender. My question is what is the best sender to get, I seem to remember somtbing about after market ones not being reliable?

Comment

• Check the pressure first to be safe. The s ndets seem very hit and miss. TPS said the vdub ones for the ABL were no longer available and I ain't round an aftermarket one that won't go bleep bleep bleep after thirty mile and yes the wiring tested out fine

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    Check the pressure first to be safe. The s ndets seem very hit and miss. TPS said the vdub ones for the ABL were no longer available and I ain't round an aftermarket one that won't go bleep bleep bleep after thirty mile and yes the wiring tested out fine
                    Brickwerks have some Febi ones in stock:

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/catalog...switch&x=0&y=0

so they must surely be generally available elsewhere as well?

Last edited by Jim24; 12 May 2022, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Check the pressure first to be safe. The s ndets seem very hit and miss. TPS said the vdub ones for the ABL were no longer available and I ain't round an aftermarket one that won't go bleep bleep bleep after thirty mile and yes the wiring tested out fine
                      Pretty certain pressure is fine, had no option but to drive 120 miles on it and she still sounds sweet as a nut. She still has one of the sweetest sounding diesel engines I have ever heard. My first thought was pressure but oil is plentiful top end and putting a dose of winns in has made no odds.
                      And yes it's bleep bleep that is annoying if it was just the light I would fet over it for a while

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post
                        Brickwerks have some Febi ones in stock
                        Also try Autodoc maybe, and see what's available in Germany?

I don't know if anyone else is feeling this, but I get the growing sense that there's an unusual amount of stock outage in the UK at the moment? Same on the shelves at my local Aldi too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                          Pretty certain pressure is fine, had no option but to drive 120 miles on it and she still sounds sweet as a nut. She still has one of the sweetest sounding diesel engines I have ever heard. My first thought was pressure but oil is plentiful top end and putting a dose of winns in has made no odds.
                          And yes it's bleep bleep that is annoying if it was just the light I would fet over it for a while

Check the W terminal connection on the alt too bud, that'll throw up a low oil warning - common fault
                          Last edited by regcheeseman; 13 May 2022, 09:35 PM. Reason: typo.

Comment

• Yay. Reg is back.
                            Hows things going with you? We've missed you.
                            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Check the W terminal connection on the alt too bud, that'll through up a low oil warning - common fault
                              Ahh be ya and a warm welcome from the shire.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Check the W terminal connection on the alt too bud, that'll throw up a low oil warning - common fault
                                Hadn't thought about that but would it be constant rather than intermittent? And iirc when the alternator went all kinds of other lights came on and the rev counter looked like it was at a Michael ball concert!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X