No announcement yet.

Ness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your van has more ink on it now than Si does.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

• I was thinking "nice1 Greeny" errrr but you've missed some letters ..... pause .... ponder ..... ;-)
      Last edited by Activ8; 21 May 2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Was more meaning the yellow bit but...

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s

Attached Files

Comment

• OK so it's been a while since I have been in the forum but life is a little manic!
          1st we are moving to anglesey which means selling 2 houses and buying another,,,,,,,
          This has been taking shape since buying a holiday home and the wife deciding she was going to get a job there....
          Then the daughter got a job there
          And in September the son started school there.....
          The only person that is still in Cheshire is me.......

The move to the new house should be done by mid December but obviously this involves moving the current 5 cars that are left in Cheshire (2 already in anglesey)
          1 boat that's in Cheshire the trailer that's also here and the contents of 2 garages and 1 house!!!!!

Anyway I digress

I or should I say ness,,,,, has an issue.....
          Her heater only blows hot when the revs are up,,,, meaning tickover only cold air is blown. It makes no odds if your moving or not just that she is above idle.
          I have replaced the water pump and the antifreeze, the only thing I have seen was what I took to be the issue when I replaced the pump I found evidence if cavitation on the metals of the pump.
          There are no other symptoms or issues....

It's odd and I cant seem to find anything wrong

Any help appreciated!!!

Comment

• Hi. Greeny. Have you tried the thermostat is working and check the valve on the hose with the cable under the bonnet

Comment

• Hi mate, thought you hadnt been on much of late hope all goes well with the move. Hope you dont forget to take the Reliant jetski.

Comment

• Hi Si
                Yea stat and valve were my next port of call but wondered if there was an idiosyncrasy I didn't know about that meant I wouldn't have to spend,,,,,, wife had me in a short leash at the moment

Comment

• Yea the scooterski and all my other valuables (no piss taking needed)

Comment

• Glad to hear all is well and life is taking a wonderful positive direction.
                    I posted the water circuits recently on my build thread Greeny.
                    Might help you sort this quickly?
                    Love to hear more about the "new" life!

Comment

• Have you bleed it on the heater pipe that goes into the cab?

Comment

• So on the move
                        My wife is ward manager (read snr sister) like she was here but in a much much smaller hospital. The daughter is a receptionist at a very posh holiday park in redwarf Bay and the boy is at the nearest (not that close) High school....
                        We are going to the nearest village to where we had a caravan called Moelfre. This is only a few mins away from where the caravan was do we can engage in the beach life we had.....
                        It started when we changed from caravan to house when the van needed replacing and well spend £40,000 on van or use that as a deposit on a house....... we found a 2 bed house perfect for holiday home living 2 beds small drive and garage for the boat!
                        No brainer really....
                        Jx was pissed off at work so decided when the post came up to go for it,,,,, with her experience they would have been mad not to have her so she swapped no staff and shitty politics for just less staff and a backward admin system.
                        The boy has always wanted to move there and is lapping in the life style fishing swimming in the sea out from dawn til dusk with his mates he has the dream life!!!!
                        The daughter split from her boyfriend and decided that she was going to come with rather than stay in Cheshire so she got the job and also has a bar job at the local pub (not had a discount yet though!!!)
                        She complains (like Jx does) but that's a female thing isn't it!!

Me however I can't find a job not even doing what I have been doing for 15 years and no its not due to my minimal welsh either!!!
                        I have applied for over 55 jobs from minimum wage to management type jobs

With them living there it brought up some issues firstly my sons bedroom is the conservatory at the moment which isn't ideal! The pet ratties are in the porch and his bedroom (hamster is in his room too!!)
                        The drive will not take the 7 cars we have at the moment so we needed to look bigger....

Cheshire House and moelfre House went up for sale and we found a house around the corner still in moelfre we love double garage with a pit, massive drive with a smaller one on the other side of the house nice gardens and 5 ish bedrooms perfect!

And now we are just waiting for the solicitors to do their thing both houses are sold and solicitors are on to sales and purchase should be done for mid December
                        As for a job well I am staying at my current employer until February time, I get a medal for the queen's jubilee, I have done the time so it seems silly to duck out.....
                        Still no offers of employment but I keep looking and sticking applications in.

If anyone knows of a job in a reasonable distance of anglesey I may be interested.....

As for the heater/coolant issue I bleed the system and even managed the megga burp after a few miles (maybe 200 miles.....) there seems to be water flowing all around as when the temp valve is operated with revs up the temp drops as it should but I will take another look.

I have never had anything like this on any other vehicle, I have had no heater and over heating but never anything like this

Comment

• Could you set up a driving school for 3 wheelers Greeny?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• Time to get the sparky tools back out

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Souds like your living the dream mate, a job will follow.Pleased for ya.

Comment

• Driving school for anyone involves patience which I only have for certain people
                                Sparky would cost a fortune to retrain
                                Have an interesting application in at the moment working at bangor hospital doing the hospital side of what I enjoyed doing for the police for 5 years

Comment

Working...
                                X