No announcement yet.

Ness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a little play today with the fuel pump only 1/2 turn took the revs jist over 1000 at tickover. Now just under the 1000 after adjustment. Not driven her yet but we shall see.
    I did notice I have an adjuster screw missing out of the high low tickover adjuster (think it's low adjuster)

I also painted the vw badge satin black again as the black paint that was on when I got her was not the best. I also sat8n blacked the tdi (I know she isn't) badge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Well been out for a drive today and a big thank you to Mr Cheeseman for the how too guide! Its awesome no smoke but much more torque

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
        Well been out for a drive today and a big thank you to Mr Cheeseman for the how too guide! Its awesome no smoke but much more torque

No problemo!

You don't really need the high (fast) idle stop, you could swap the fast idle stop into the low idle stop position as they are the same. But the idle control rod (linked to cold start) will perform much the same job.

Hills should be much less of a embarrassment now.

Comment

Certianly are Reg.
          Whilst playing I was thinking (i know i am still in pain!!)
          If most of the engine is that simple on a 1.9td what does the obd2 socket do or read?

Comment

Found the obd socket on mine and wondered what it read as no electronics on my 1.9td. Will bring the reader home from work just to see.

Comment

Be interesting!!

Comment

So I am thinking of a different steering wheel as mine is a little used....
                I have a couple of wheels all mountny some with the larger pcd for the wheel and some with smaller pcd.
                I have a hub that was advertised as being for a t4 for the smaller pcd wheels bit the hole with the splines is too big. I know i can get an adapter for this but which one? Are there choices than small to large and short and long but is it really that easy?

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                  Be interesting!!

Just read my obd, it was like Private Frasers tail in dads army of the old empty barn.........there was nothing in it! I take it the plugs there ready for others models on the production line.

Comment

Can't see them fitting it for nothing... but......

Comment

Perhaps lots of the looms are the same so that different options can be "plugged" in along the production line model depending. The base Volvo models always had the plugs for most of higher spec stuff in the looms. Mind you that's years ago when we used to fit radios, foglights and even power windows at the dealership. That makes me feel old i'd better go for a lye down.

Comment

Yes I worked for vw (early 1990s) and I don't remember bits if loom there that wasn't used. But I do know that vagnet and the newer versions can switch some options on with the click of a mouse.
                        Odd thing is there are wires going to the obd2...but not many

Comment

ODB only needs three wires

+ positive

- ground

grey k line serial communication

and there's a yellow wire - I dont know what it does

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            ODB only needs three wires

+ positive

- ground

grey k line serial communication

and there's a yellow wire - I dont know what it does
                            Ah, So on the 1.9td what does it read?

Comment

More faultless driving from Ness, knocked the pump back as one of my mates followed me and got a lung full of exhaust!!
                              Planning a bit more work in the coming weeks but work weather and my scimitar are taking time at the moment!!

Comment

I have been thinking about replacing the front seats in Ness as they are a little scruffy and the drivers seat back is a little twisted. So I have been thinking of alternatives... I do love the momos i have from an alfa 156, and the colour is cool, so I would like some of the same colour but they are not common in good condition.
                                I have found some lovely black half leather half alcantara lexus ls200 seats that look like they may fit but I am not sure, has anyone else fitted them?
                                Or does anyone have a stash of yellow tan alfa seats?

I had a pair of fully electric alfa 166 seats but the base was too long for my little legs!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X