Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition switch woes

Hey all,

Apparently I'm getting my van back tomorrow, I'll believe it when i see it, however the sprayer has told me its not starting on the key and he had to jump the starter, I remember (all those months ago) just before I gave it to him, a few times it being a bit picky about starting and having to give the keys a good wiggle to get it going, sound like the ignition switch? I've ordered one for the sake of £6 but its not coming till after the bank holiday, so the questions are as follows:-
    1. how can I test if it is the switch?
    2. If it is do I fit a push button and be done with it or do this https://youtu.be/UtVHq8Jihg8 and wait till the new one arrives (really want to use the van this weekend)
    3. if its not the switch what else could it be?

cheers
    Ric

if it was dicky before it's likely to be the switch, though it could be the wire on the starer between big ring terminal and brushes or the brushes themselves, does it click when you turn the key.

Two options...

get your wiggle perfected.

fit a temporary switch - you could put one in the engine bay but I'd do it at the dash end. Get some speaker wire of similar with a switch on one end and bare about 10-12mm at the other end, pull off the ignition switch connector, poke one bare wire into the female blade connector on the black/red wire (terminal 50) and the other into the female blade connector on the red wire (terminal 30), then carefully push the lot back onto the switch and trap the wires in place.

This is a temporary fix, not to be used long term - just until you fit your replacement ignition switch.

Comment

ok will give it a go and let you know how I get on

Comment

If u can turn the back off the switch where the electrics attach its fine is wot i gt told before

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

ignition switch woes

Well I've got her back, not posting pics yet as I'm not happy and she's not finished, however despite what the sprayer says she still starts on the key, but some times I just have to leave it turned full for ten seconds or so, no click nothing, just leave the key fully turned and after a little while she fires. Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

Hey bud, try checking inside your key, we have changed our keys to the flip out style and i had a similar problem one day, turned out to be the little transponder chip for the immobiliser had come out of its seat and moved within the key.... Hope this helps!

'Its a t4 thing'

Comment

Working...
            X