how high can i go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how high can i go

does anyone know how high i can get my syncro doka before i have to change parts which i don't want to realy do
    i brought it to use of road in local quarry , forests and on the beach however it is currently sitting 50mm lower on the rear and 100mm lower on the front but it was at the right price when i got it i know i will proberly have to replace rear springs (possibly shocks ????) to get it back up then is it a case of just winding the front up would like to go higher if possible seeing as i will be needing springs on rear but don't want to start messing with drive gear
    We don't stop playing because we grow old
    We grow old because we stop playing

You can fit spring and diff spacers really easy which will only require the front to wound up. I used 40mm ones some use 50mm but that's about you're limit before the mods are required. That's from standard still using rubber shims

Comment

on my factory lowered multivan(30/40mm?) i added 2 extra top spring rubbers each side and wound up the front to match so probably back to stock height. baldy
      1995 petrol(acu) syncro multivan just passed 300,000 km's and still going strong

Comment

ok thanks guys any idea where i can get the parts to do this
        also if i managed to get hold of stock rear springs are they easy enough to fit or a garage job as i have basic mechanical skills
        We don't stop playing because we grow old
        We grow old because we stop playing

Comment

Very easy to fit, if you look in tech articles at the lowering thread it's exactly the same just opposite. eBay for the parts spacers [emoji106]

Comment

rear spring top pads here https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/t4-v...rumbStartRow=1

thats less than i paid for second hand ones
            1995 petrol(acu) syncro multivan just passed 300,000 km's and still going strong

Comment

Since none answered the question I could refer to ze Germans. They say 10cm is the limit, from there and upward you would need rebuilding the drive chain since the angle on the drive shafts (or whatever in that general direction) at a higher elevation than 10cm become all wrong.

So, then. I'm getting "T5 springs" for my '00 CC syncro this spring, and what lift it gives I guess I shall find out -but I also drive with BF/G AT km-II that is supposedly giving me 35mm as it is, and i recogn I shall have to pay attention to how high above ground the campervan get, before just driving off. I have no plan of funding a rebuild into parts I do not know what are, how much rebuild there is need of and not to forget - how much it will cost.
              I am also purchasing the Seikel kit. It will hand me the documentation the Govt demand upon my lifting the bus, and also permit to drive the 215/75R15 ATs.

So, there. A reply to "how high".

Comment

Hello and welcome Rudeboy
                I honestly know nothing about the syncro setup and how to get ine up, but I am guessing a lot depends on the van as is and how it's loaded?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                X