No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a couple of thoughts .... Reg have you & Sausages made any pre-fitting mods to the design? Are there any post fitting mods to the design you would now make?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
      lathe

You front bottom.

Comment

• I've been adjusting the design slightly over the course of the last year, mainly due to each brand of damper fitting into the turret slightly differently, trying to get it to be a truly universal part isnt as easy as you would assume
        Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Might order a set once I've seen Reg's move to the low-side....
          Last edited by Activ8; 7 March 2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Just a couple of thoughts .... Reg have you & Sausages made any pre-fitting mods to the design? Are there any post fitting mods to the design you would now make?
            There's a mod I'd make, and they'd fit better with more and cheaper shock options but then they loose the basic simple plug and play nature.

Comment

• They've worked fine with all the cheap dampers so far, only issue I had up til now is the Gaz top shroud being so high and tight to the damper rubber, in effect sitting right into the turret

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                They've worked fine with all the cheap dampers so far, only issue I had up til now is the Gaz top shroud being so high and tight to the damper rubber, in effect sitting right into the turret
                I've got the same Sachs units that are on Reg's .... What's the largest rim/tyre you'd recommend with this setup....

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• I'm not convinced you need these plates with full length dampers, you would get away with skimming the sides off the original mounts at the bump stop section and still have full damper travel. You really need shorter dampers to get the full effect of these

Comment

• Rim size I recommend for lowering is no bigger than 8j et30, tyre height is up to you, but generally the arch sits level with the top of the tyre, much lower with tuck and you start having to grind arches and hit tubs with a lump hammer

Comment

• Had a few little test drives last night and meant to feed back but forgot - actually I was out building diesel pumps until silly oclock and couldn't be arsed when I got back in.

It must be a sign that the switch to single mass flywheel is fine because I've not noticed it, no extra vibes - it's just a clutch and it works fine. So far.

Suspension has gone up a touch, need to get dampers and lower springs.

Sausage - these yellow dampers that you seem to rate - are they good/ best of the options/ OK for the money. Basically I don't want no shit or compromises, I want good dampers because I am prone to driving like a twat. Don't mind paying but I'm not buying GAZ crap ever. Has anyone gone to Boge or Sachs and requested a bespoke unit? I'm happy to do so in the guise of a design engineer for Slapdash Lowriders or whatever you are calling yourself nowadays.

Got a bang on the off side at the mo - think its the shock hitting the bracket, may need the dog to chew more off the top washer.

Definitely in two minds on the lows, one minute I think it looks awesome, the next it looks gash - I think the rake is killing the vibe for me - and those goping rims.

Comment

• Pipercross seems to have little effect - it's not running very nice, definitely lacking, must double check timing on vag com when it warms up.

I'm wondering if the airflow issue is something simple like my back box which is an unknown quantity and may be wholly unsuitable or blocked - so I'm getting more stainless on order to finish off the exhaust.

Comment

• something simple like my back box which is an unknown quantity and may be wholly unsuitable or blocked - .[/QUOTE]

Sounds like mine at the moment. Bloody pot noodles.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
                            something simple like my back box which is an unknown quantity and may be wholly unsuitable or blocked - .
                            Sounds like mine at the moment. Bloody pot noodles.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s[/QUOTE][emoji23]🤣[emoji23]

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• A few people have mentioned Sachs do a short version

Comment

• The EGC are ok, only 90 sovs delivered for all 4 so they are never going to be in the same league as Sachs, but they are the firmest if the cheap stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X