My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
    Don’t you multiple the pressure pushed in by the compression ratio?
    That was how I figured it but then read that diesel can take loads of boost because the increase intake pressure is negligible when compared to the compression ratio - which is obviously a crock of shit if it is indeed one times the t'other.

Comment

• Polished the wheels with Poorboys today, god I hate polishing. Got up early and decided to crack on with it.

Just about to fit them and noticed the balance weights had fallen off for the third time..

Fitted some tyres to some swamper rims

Took the rattlegun to a V6 motor and reduced it to parts I could carry easily

Had a ham sandwich, a shit and went to work. Good morning for me.

Comment

• What do you think of the poor boys Reg,

I’ve been using it also…

Smells amazing…

Comment

• Originally posted by Ross.b View Post
          What do you think of the poor boys Reg,

I’ve been using it also…

Smells amazing…
          I've not sniffed it or noticed a smell as such, good stuff if you recoat regularly but invariably I CBA then regret it when the brake dust wrecks the rim. I was recommended C5 tecniq by someone who really knows his stuff regarding detailing but £40 for 15ml is too much for me.

Fitted the wheels...fronts dont fit, need to swap the 225 section for 205 or 195, nuts are nearly on the end of the front height adjusters, need to get 5" on the back as it's running too much rake, not a fan of the hotrod look.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

I've not sniffed it or noticed a smell as such, good stuff if you recoat regularly but invariably I CBA then regret it when the brake dust wrecks the rim. I was recommended C5 tecniq by someone who really knows his stuff regarding detailing but £40 for 15ml is too much for me.

Fitted the wheels...fronts dont fit, need to swap the 225 section for 205 or 195, nuts are nearly on the end of the front height adjusters, need to get 5" on the back as it's running too much rake, not a fan of the hotrod look.
            Got any pics? How low are you going or has the wheel got a funky offset?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
            #vanlife

Comment

Got any pics? How low are you going or has the wheel got a funky offset?
              8" with ET35 which I'd query as they should be the same as the calibres (ET35) I had previously that just skimmed the arch with 225s fitted

Half tempted to flog them on again, love the look....not so sure when they are on the van.

Maybe after wednesday they will look good...

Comment

• Had a T4 visit tonight for pump and turbo work, went on the usual test drive after, cue big smiley face from owner.

Nothing wrong with the van on test, standard van, bit harsh, bit rattly and noisy but I used the test drive to go and pick mine up from the detailers.

Dunno if its the sound deadening, the smooth power or just the fact it's perfectly sorted but OMG my van is like silk, beautiful, my love for my T4 has duly been restored*. Fucking epic van.

*at least until the coolant alarm starts beeping or the diff make the ominous ' you expect me to deal with this' whine
                Last edited by regcheeseman; 11 August 2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Glad to hear it Reg.

Comment

• I rarely pay for any work on any vehicle ever, definitely never paid for something as mundane as a car wash, but I had to get it polished by someone else. Hate polishing and 5 minutes is enough for my shoulder to give up.
                    Van looks sparkly now, last dyno run, sort the bumper, fit the front wheels, slam it hard and enjoy...can't wait for summer.

Comment

• Yep.... I had a double take moment whilst I read it. Defo understand your reasons too. Look forward to the pics etc.

Comment

• “Slam it hard” why ruin a perfectly good van? Or is it going to be demoted, like 99% of these, to the rank of weekend toy whilst you smoke about in the Corsa?

#vanlife

Comment

“Slam it hard” why ruin a perfectly good van? Or is it going to be demoted, like 99% of these, to the rank of weekend toy whilst you smoke about in the Corsa?
                          Cos I want to be like the cool kids and get virtually sucked off on Facebook. If only I could grow a beard....

Weekend toy, it isn't even that, probably done hundred miles in 4 months, including two trips to the dyno which is a 40mile round trip.

I am so disappointed in myself.

Even my boy, the one with 0 interest in cars (he wants a juke) said to me tonight, 'wont you drive your van anymore is it just your toy now'

Shut the fuck up and get in the corsa.

Ok not slammed hard, stanced just enough to tuck the wheels, no notches or engine lifts....yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Cos I want to be like the cool kids and get virtually sucked off on Facebook. If only I could grow a beard....

Weekend toy, it isn't even that, probably done hundred miles in 4 months, including two trips to the dyno which is a 40mile round trip.

I am so disappointed in myself.

Even my boy, the one with 0 interest in cars (he wants a juke) said to me tonight, 'wont you drive your van anymore is it just your toy now'

Shut the fuck up and get in the corsa.

Ok not slammed hard, stanced just enough to tuck the wheels, no notches or engine lifts....yet.
                            So you’re starting the transition to bearded (in a fashion by your own admission) hipster wanker then?

For all the mTdi bashing i’m still doing an average of roughly 3k a month in the steam powered beauties. 98% of my driving is in them.

You’ll possibly get in the van more now you don’t hate it anymore. The more I think about it, the more i realise you’re becoming just another fair weather T4 owner. Happy to brag about it to all your mates down the pub and online but drive it? Heavens no, don’t be so absurd.

Shame on you…….

#vanlife

Comment

So you’re starting the transition to bearded (in a fashion by your own admission) hipster wanker then?

For all the mTdi bashing i’m still doing an average of roughly 3k a month in the steam powered beauties. 98% of my driving is in them.

You’ll possibly get in the van more now you don’t hate it anymore. The more I think about it, the more i realise you’re becoming just another fair weather T4 owner. Happy to brag about it to all your mates down the pub and online but drive it? Heavens no, don’t be so absurd.

Shame on you…….
                              Yep, I feel guilty putting the miles on her, not very many unwelded low mileage examples about, maybe I'll get a second one that aint so precious...

At least I'll still be one of the few that get my hands dirty, been building another 2.5 this evening....

Just looked at it sat there and thought, yeah I'll drive it tomorrow then I noticed the alloys on the back with loads of arch gap and the front steels with no hub caps and thought there's no way, what if my mates see me, I'll be ridiculed at the smoothie bar.
                              Last edited by regcheeseman; 12 August 2021, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Smoothie bar. Hahahahahahha
                                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Working...
                                X