• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

You talk some bollocks that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Kettle calling the pot black....

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
      Hi. Activ. So you want it for nothing then as post will probably be £20. Think I will hang on to it for that sort of offer
      Standard hahaha

Comment

• Not done any glass fibre work for years, done loads the last couple of weeks. The A pillars were glassed up to block the holes and join the sections together, have to trim them up now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210726_223314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	670.3 KB ID:	328880

Opened the box of trims bought months ago, there was an extra box inside with a personal message, quite chuffed to find a free mug inside

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210725_211141.jpg Views:	0 Size:	764.0 KB ID:	328881

When I was building my first caddy (2006) I sent him my headliner to use as a pattern, so that he could sell more as he set up his business, I got a free headliner in exchange
        Last edited by regcheeseman; 26 July 2021, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Not done any glass fibre work for years, done loads the last couple of weeks. The A pillars were glassed up to block the holes and join the sections together, have to trim them up now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210726_223314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	670.3 KB ID:	328880

Opened the box of trims bought months ago, there was an extra box inside with a personal message, quite chuffed to find a free mug inside

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210725_211141.jpg Views:	0 Size:	764.0 KB ID:	328881

When I was building my first caddy (2006) I sent him my headliner to use as a pattern, so that he could sell more as he set up his business, I got a free headliner in exchange
          What goes around comes around. Nice 1 mate

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Spot on. It’s nice when folks remember you for helping them in their early days of setting up.

Comment

• Imagine if you were coming home from a nice day in the surf, some jeb end in a T5/T6 (they all look the same to me) is tight behind a green unknown T4 and a golf gti in front.

Now imagine a hypothetical single lane 40mph limit with a camera just before it opens into a short stretch of dual carriageway with a 50 limit.

Imagine some more the T5/6 suddenly drops back because he believes he is going to slingshot the T4 onto the dual cabbageway, they hit the 50 limit the lanes open up, the T5/6 started his run up some time ago, the GTI guns it in outside lane, T4 floors it, pushing the GTI past 80, the T4 is on boost and charging, the GTI drops to the inside lane as the T4 barrels past. The T5/6 is but a hazy memory

That would be really cool if something like that happened.

All characters and events in this story are fictional, any resemblance to green T4 vans past or present is purely coincidental.

Comment

• At least you admit the colour now.
                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Really enjoy the way you write and piece it together, brilliant piece of fiction. ;-)

Comment

• So it’s slower than a 1.0 Corsa but faster than a golf Gti now? I really want one of these Corsas

#vanlife

Comment

So it’s slower than a 1.0 Corsa but faster than a golf Gti now? I really want one of these Corsas

You know what it's like, you must remember. You get your first 1l car and you think its the fastest thing on the planet.
                      "Corners quicker than electricity, this does mate"
                      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

So it’s slower than a 1.0 Corsa but faster than a golf Gti now? I really want one of these Corsas
                        The Golf could have smoked it if it wanted, the imaginary van is quick 40-80, way quicker than the Corsa that is all done by 50mph. You have to get the van to 40 first and they are bloody slow off the mark.

More work on the A pillars tonight, a coat of glue down the middle section of both pieces
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210730_211346.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	329125

Let the glue dry and then bring the bits together, getting the seams sat right is tricky, the pleather is more forgiving than the leather I trimmed the door handles with, it's more pliable, stretches more and equally in all directions

Name:	IMG_20210730_211843.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	329126
                        Once that had stuck I added more glue to the edge section, pulled the pleather into place and used my box of bulldog clips to hold the edges in place under tension.

Name:	IMG_20210730_213306.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	337.8 KB
ID:	329127

Comment

• Still loosing water, enough to put the expansion tank light on in 100 miles or so, no visible leaks, no steam either.

My buy a new expansion tank anyway as the old one makes the engine bay look scruffy.

Maybe not this one though !! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184072027...8AAOSwXvRdAMTj

Comment

Still loosing water, enough to put the expansion tank light on in 100 miles or so, no visible leaks, no steam either.

My buy a new expansion tank anyway as the old one makes the engine bay look scruffy.

Maybe not this one though !! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184072027...8AAOSwXvRdAMTj

Head gasket weeping ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                              Head gasket weeping ?
                              Is what I'm thinking, possibly head bolts not keen on 2 Bar? I read that boost was fairly insignificant compared to compression... but I failed chemistry... pretty sure the piston compressing air at ambient produces much different pressures when asked to compress the same volume supplied at 2 Bar.

Is the result cylinder pressure = normal atmospheric compression + 2 bar or normal atmospheric compression multiplied by 2 Bar

Comment

Is what I'm thinking, possibly head bolts not keen on 2 Bar? I read that boost was fairly insignificant compared to compression... but I failed chemistry... pretty sure the piston compressing air at ambient produces much different pressures when asked to compress the same volume supplied at 2 Bar.

Is the result cylinder pressure = normal atmospheric compression + 2 bar or normal atmospheric compression multiplied by 2 Bar
                                Don’t you multiple the pressure pushed in by the compression ratio? This is why just a couple more psi gives a big increase on power as the increase under compression gives an exponential rise in pressure?

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X