My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    But on the plus side...the white stinking smoke on idle is gone, those bloody stannas, I swore they were dogshit and I was right, even some unknown worn ACV injectors run cleaner.

I'm going to get the 240s sorted and fit them.
    So now that we know the initial issue was a schoolboy error, are you going to leave the 240’s set at what you initially set them up at?

When you tested the unknown and worn Bosch units could the low break pressure be an actual issue with them being long in the tooth and potentially what’s causing the shit idle? Maybe your pop tester is fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
      So now that we know the initial issue was a schoolboy error, are you going to leave the 240’s set at what you initially set them up at?

When you tested the unknown and worn Bosch units could the low break pressure be an actual issue with them being long in the tooth and potentially what’s causing the shit idle? Maybe your pop tester is fine?

I've put IDI injectors through the pop tester and they are typically reading 120BAR (should be 135), the ACVs gave a consistant 180 - 185BAR on the gauge and they should be ?????

So I'm thinking if I set the 240s at 190-195 on my gauge, they should be in the ballpark...

They are set at 230 on my gauge, which is probably nearer 250BAR, prob a bit high!

Comment

I've put IDI injectors through the pop tester and they are typically reading 120BAR (should be 135), the ACVs gave a consistant 180 - 185BAR on the gauge and they should be ?????

So I'm thinking if I set the 240s at 190-195 on my gauge, they should be in the ballpark...

They are set at 230 on my gauge, which is probably nearer 250BAR, prob a bit high!
        It’s a cheap tester so I’m guessing recalibration isn’t an option? Why go for 190-195? You built mine (bought from Rob) and they’re 220.

What effects does changing the break pressure have aside from timing? Atomisation? Quantity?

#vanlife

Comment

All 2.5TDI's should be 220-230bar .

Comment

It’s a cheap tester so I’m guessing recalibration isn’t an option? Why go for 190-195? You built mine (bought from Rob) and they’re 220.

What effects does changing the break pressure have aside from timing? Atomisation? Quantity?

No effects, it'll push the second stage pressure up, shorten the duration which is good, delay timing but it will load the pump, go too far and injection might not happen or be compromised.

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            All 2.5TDI's should be 220-230bar .
            And assuming the ACVs I've removed are ok, equal pressures would suggest they are, then my gauge is reading low, so if I set the new injectors to a similar gauge pressure (+ a bit), then they should be in the right ballpark?

Comment

• Why not invest in a new gauge and remove the guesswork?

Comment

• Fitted the catch can today,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210220_154037.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	703.8 KB
ID:	320537

If the fumes get in he cab, I'll relocate the filter.

Comment

• I think that’s the same as the first catch can I had. If it is, expect it to cover your engine in oil and you van will stink. Is it baffled inside?

#vanlife

Comment

I think that’s the same as the first catch can I had. If it is, expect it to cover your engine in oil and you van will stink. Is it baffled inside?

It is baffled. See how it goes....

Comment

• My heater control stuck on windscreen a few weeks ago, it would move a bit but didn't want to force as they break easy. Dropped the controls out if the dash and found a random piece of plastic jamming the mechanism. This dash has been completely stripped out in the past and I've no idea where this plastic came from, looks like a illumination window or a display screen, pretty sure it ain't standard. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210305_132034.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	724.4 KB
ID:	321217

Wasnt happy with the air filter install as there was a part not fitted that I think may be important for flow into MAF, so I turned it down to accept the 70 mm dia MAF pipe and it fits perfect, just need to make some mounting posts. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210305_132121.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	634.3 KB
ID:	321218

Comment

• That's the lens that fits above the ashtray

Sent from my SM-A202F using Just T4s

Comment

• Cheers, that would make sense, given where it was found, I thought that at first but then assumed the ashtray light was greenish white previously??? maybe the filter was never located properly.

Comment

• Spurred on by the impending demise of the daily corsa, I decided to swap the 240 nozzled injectors in.

The idle is terrible, as expected with no changes made to fuelling.

But the power....oh my god! Way more than it's ever had, totally insane.

Yeah it is laying inch thick tarmac out the back and I may want to be wary of gas temps but clutch is holding and it is hilarious. I'm going to leave it as is and fill in a few people - mostly cyclists - before getting it mapped.

Turbo is pegged back to 15 psi ish, (down from 25psi) not really sure what it is maxxing at as could only manage the odd quick glance to the boost gauge.

Comment

• Are you still running the Volvo turbo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                Are you still running the Volvo turbo?
                                Yep, preload wound right off

Comment

Working...
                                X