No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much per bolt? I've got three vans to upgrade...

Comment

• Less than £2 I expect. Need to measure the pitch up properly. I already have washers from the crank girdle group buy I arranged and had to buy 1000 washers.

Has someone already had a go at removing the output shaft from the gearbox you sent me? The shaft seal had been popped out of location and then not really refitted.

Had the box sat roughly in place on the block earlier, just to check the fit. It should go but it does sit the selector at a strange angle.
      Last edited by regcheeseman; 6 November 2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        Less than £2 I expect. Need to measure the pitch up properly. I already have washers from the crank girdle group buy I arranged and had to buy 1000 washers.

Has someone already had a go at removing the output shaft from the gearbox you sent me? The shaft seal had been popped out of location and then not really refitted.
        How much for 12 washers but needed for Friday morning? Saves me cutting the old bolts up and opening them up to fit!

Went to look at it before I bid. Not touched by me as I had it sent direct to you so cannot comment. Thought you were going 02M route?

Comment

I've got the flange drawn for the 2256 mount and working on an exhaust flange for the same.
          From which donor?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            How much for 12 washers but needed for Friday morning? Saves me cutting the old bolts up and opening them up to fit!

Went to look at it before I bid. Not touched by me as I had it sent direct to you so cannot comment. Thought you were going 02M route?

02M/O2J makes no difference to the adaptor plate so either will work as far as I can see, 02M gives an easy syncro option, but as I bought the driveshaft conversion for the GRF I may as well continue on that route with the 02J

Odd that seal was displaced - no issue apart from it dumping stinky gearbox oil in the garage

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            From which donor?
            Beemer......I think.......E46 330D if the seller is to be believed, he wasn't that honest about the 'good usable condition' claim - still it was scrap money so I can fit a new cartridge and have a known good unit (or at least as good as the random build quality offered by a cheap chinesium core.

Comment

• The GRF is an 02Q.
              Check the 4th gear input shaft.(see Darkside for more info @ +400lb ft torque)

Last edited by Activ8; 7 November 2018, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Yeah Q - that's the bunny.

4th gear shaft? ? ?

Can brace the cases but I'm not green or scene enough to pay darkside for the kudos.

Comment

Yeah Q - that's the bunny.

4th gear shaft? ? ?

Can brace the cases but I'm not green or scene enough to pay darkside for the kudos.
                  Darkside solely for the info. They've seen it and done it.

Comment

• Reg will the 6 speed gearbox adaptor plate work for the 1.9td,2.5 & 2.0 petrols? I assume the gear engine angles/mounts are the same?

Comment

• Reg , did you keep your AJT 220mm DMF clutch? Wondered whether you could take some measurements for me? Thinking of fitting the 240mm flywheel now with 228mm clutch/plates for the 02B. Crank face to clutch face in mm would help?

Comment

• Sorry - not seen these posts.

Did you need the measurements still?

Feeling guilty that I've been neglecting the van recently and it is showing. Started blowing more black smoke than I've previously noticed, not sure if has become a bit noisier recently was noticing a nice deep roaring induction or possibly exhaust noise last night.

Need to give it a check over and maybe a bit of TLC.

Comment

Sorry - not seen these posts.

Did you need the measurements still?

Feeling guilty that I've been neglecting the van recently and it is showing. Started blowing more black smoke than I've previously noticed, not sure if has become a bit noisier recently was noticing a nice deep roaring induction or possibly exhaust noise last night.

Need to give it a check over and maybe a bit of TLC.
                          No problem.

All and any info on the OEM 220mm DMF welcomed. Cheers.

Comment

• Reg. Do you have a clear graph print off / copy of your rolling road run from last year that I can have?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              Reg. Do you have a clear graph print off / copy of your rolling road run from last year that I can have?
                              I do - emailed.

Comment

• Some virtual progress on the van, Libre CAD kept crashing on me, FreeCAD was too confusing, I have found Fusion 360 and it is very easy to use.

Turbo flange

Click image for larger version

Name:	Turbo flange.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	267548

Exhaust manifold

Name:	Flange.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	267549

There's a custom manifold for a bigger GT2256 turbo in the pipeline.

Gearbox adaptor plate - this baby has been a LONG time in gestation, but now things are happening at a pace.

Name:	adaptor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	267550

For fitting a six speed box, allowing a bigger clutch and crucially better ratios all through the box rather than patching it with a fifth gear mod - watch this space.

Comment

Working...
                                X