Operation Daily Driver / Adventure Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Olive drab is easy to spray so go for it. Vans look cool like that. [ATTACH=CONFIG]12205[/ATTACH]
    That sort of thing is what I had in mind

Comment

With a bit of luck, this weekend I will be swapping out the barn doors for a tailgate. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Noooooooooooooo only kidding but I do like barn doors

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by damont4 View Post
          Noooooooooooooo only kidding but I do like barn doors

I got fed up of the animals escaping

Comment

Originally posted by Iamgrh View Post
            I got fed up of the animals escaping
            Hahaha

Comment

barn doors. Gotta have barn doors. We have to vans and 4 pairs of barn doors. Would love them on the side instead of a sliding door.

Comment

barn doors. Gotta have barn doors. We have to vans and 4 pairs of barn doors. Would love them on the side instead of a sliding door.
                Now that would be ace like the old split screen side door

Comment

My dads Ford Econoline has the barn doors on the side and they’re pretty cool. For what I want with the van, the up and over will serve me better than the barn doors.

I want to use it as a shelter for cooking mainly and in all fairness I prefer the look of them.

Comment

Operation Daily Driver / Adventure Wagon

Today, the sill got welded.
                    This hole got plugged and the lip got built up a bit (no after pictures)

Then the hole in the side of the sill kept getting larger, so a section got cut out

And replaced with a piece of T4 roof, luckily it’s what was left over from when the father in law put his high top on.

It’s currently in primer awaiting more bodywork to be completed.
                    We also switched out the barn doors for a tailgate!
                    Last edited by Iamgrh; 10 May 2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Oh no, there worth about 3 grand more with barn doors.

Comment

Silly me!
                        On the plus side, I can see what’s behind me on the roads now [emoji23]

Comment

After the welding, the barn door swap commenced.
                          It was a happy coincidence, I mentioned to the father in law that I would prefer a tailgate, then the next day he rang me up and said he’s got me a straight swap, barn doors for tailgate.
                          So we set about the switch

Straight forward enough getting them off

Then came the drilling for the new hinges and strut brackets, the hole for the electrics was the worst, I was hanging off the back of the van with a small file, gradually making the hole the right shape and size. It all came together in the end.

The door had a bit of a nasty scrape down the middle, so out came the first lot of filler, the arches and sill got a good filling and some other body work got started.

We ran out of time so we couldn’t get much more done, a quick dust with primer to protect it for the time being.

I need to get a pair of gas struts now, as they guy I had the door off only had 1 which isn’t very strong.

I need new door seals all round too, so my list gets bigger.

Comment

The list always gets bigger. If your in an ABL with the pump and boost turned up you only need worry about whats in front!

Comment

Were the barn door bolts a basturd to get undone. I've found that they are.

Comment

Absolutely 🤙🏽[emoji1320]

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X