Timmy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7or8 View Post
    Do you have one fitted, and if so, where? The only place I can think of would be the egr valve blanking plate on the manifold...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yes I have one fitted in the egr blanking plate but it's not the ideal location, the egt's will read about 100° lower then they are, the ideal location is to have it tapped into the exhaust manifold just below the turbo, it is on my to do list to get it moved at some point

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Written in the singular too, who could 7or8 be putting on the border???
      tommo.
      Deffo tommo.
      Or Big Red. He is pure deviant.
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
        tommo.
        Deffo tommo.
        Or Big Red. He is pure deviant.
        Oi! I’m wel clasy me!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

You can be classy AND a deviant....

Comment

I’m happy to be a classy deviant! Although Arf is the ringleader.

Comment

That was in the good old days.
              Now I'm reformed.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                That was in the good old days.
                Now I'm reformed.

Comment

Reformed [emoji2955] really
                  I recon just put it back in the closet.... sooner it will come bursting out like a torrent

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Big al View Post
                    Yes I have one fitted in the egr blanking plate but it's not the ideal location, the egt's will read about 100° lower then they are, the ideal location is to have it tapped into the exhaust manifold just below the turbo, it is on my to do list to get it moved at some point
                    Mine is the same and it’s playing on my mind too, I’m going to move it to just before the turbo at some point.

#vanlife

Comment

• Anyone know what the missing fuse is for? It's the one behind the front panel above the passenger side headlight.

Edit: found out it's the fans

Last edited by 7or8; 18 May 2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Tried starting him up before. Caught a couple of times but died as soon as I turned the key back from being on the starter motor (if that makes sense). Cranked it loads (maybe half a dozen times for about ten seconds) thinking there would be no fuel in the system. Glow plugs aren't new but the couple I tested were bang on - and all still shiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7or8 View Post
                          Tried starting him up before. Caught a couple of times but died as soon as I turned the key back from being on the starter motor (if that makes sense). Cranked it loads (maybe half a dozen times for about ten seconds) thinking there would be no fuel in the system. Glow plugs aren't new but the couple I tested were bang on - and all still shiny.

Mine took a few turns to start the first time, were you pumping the gas as you were turning the key? I had to persevere to get it started
                          Last edited by Big al; 18 May 2019, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Didn't at first but on the last few attempts.

Had sprung a couple of leaks that I got distracted by instead. Hadn't put the hose clip on the bottom main coolant pipe (oops!) and one from the PAS pump where the jubilee wasn't tight enough.

Will give it another bash tomorrow, give the neighbours chance to reset lol. Had a couple of the lads round today on crazy loud bikes, so me cranking the engine as well wasn't exactly adding to the ambience of their BBQ.

Comment

• Wouldn't have thought it'd make a difference to it starting but might be worth a mention... had a few of the vacuum pipes left open:

1) one going into the air inlet pipe next to the oil breather
                              2) one on the elbow going into the inlet manifold underneath the intercooler
                              3) one on the intercooler itself

Not actually sure what to do with those ones yet. Been advised to blank 1 and will run the boost gauge from 2.... should I blank 3 as well.

The exhaust also wasn't connected as I'm waiting for a mate to make me some wedges for the #@&%ing bastard clamps.

Comment

• Ah I see, it's easily done with regards to the hose, I'm sure you'll get it going, long cranks and keep pumping the gas and it'll start........ eventually,good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X