No announcement yet.

Timmy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The brake servo vacuum pipe is another problem. With it being shaped to snake around the AJA inlet, it just won't go round the ACV one properly, and leaves some ugly bends that will potentially end up failing. Thinking I'll need to get a 2.5tdi one to replace it, as that should be preformed with the bends in the right place for my setup.

I'll put a wanted up but if anyone can suggest a source (or has one lying about) then please shout.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7or8 View Post
      The brake servo vacuum pipe is another problem. With it being shaped to snake around the AJA inlet, it just won't go round the ACV one properly, and leaves some ugly bends that will potentially end up failing. Thinking I'll need to get a 2.5tdi one to replace it, as that should be preformed with the bends in the right place for my setup.

I'll put a wanted up but if anyone can suggest a source (or has one lying about) then please shout.

Fit new for the best seal possible.

Comment

The most annoying bit so far though. Bloody slave cylinder doesn't fit. The hole in the gearbox casing is much smaller on this one, so it just won't go in. It's less than 1k old as well.... If I'd noticed the size difference I'd have switched the gearbox casings round - or at least changed the slave when the bay was empty!

Have seen a few online without the rubber boot and they're just a metal pin. Currently wondering if I can just change the boot and plastic end cap, rather than changing the full thing and having to re-bleed it. Either way, I think I should be able to do this through the passenger wheel arch if I drop the engine a touch on that side.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Fit new for the best seal possible.
          Fair enough. Can't see them being horrendously expensive anyway. I've done ok on bits I've had to buy so far - was expecting to have to shell out for a PAS pump and didn't in the end, so still have a bit in my back pocket.

Comment

After a couple of weeks waiting for bits and doing other stuff, made some more progress this evening.

Brake vac pipe is now on, got a used one cheap but seems to seal better than my old one.

Re-routed some of the electrics and coolant pipes so it's all a bit tidier - and hopefully keeps the electrics away from the hotter places.

Fitted the air intake pipe - this was a right bugger to get by the dipstick. Needed to bend the dipstick bracket to get it to fit, but it's in and not going anywhere!

Replaced a load of old rusty hose clips with stainless jubilees, on both the PAS and coolant systems.

Chopped a D-shape oil sensor connector into the loom, so it'd fit the incorrect sensor I bought (FFS).

Added a manual boost controller.

Fitted the intercooler and pipework (what an absolute bugger the rear bolt on the top bracket is!!!)

Feeling productive and more importantly, the end is in sight.

Comment

Things left to sort:

Clutch slave cylinder - the new (older) gearbox has a smaller entry hole, so I need to get one to fit an AAB.

Need a longer oil breather pipe. If anyone knows the diameter of the pipe I need it would be very useful. Forgot to measure it earlier...

There is also a small breather hose that goes into the air inlet and I don't know where this is supposed to connect to.

New air filter. Mine had a cone filter fitted straight onto the inlet but its not.going to fit without an adaptor.... Probably easier just to get a new one.

Fill with coolant, connect battery, then fire him up!

Comment

Just read your thread, new here, very interesting, my engine is the same, aja parts on an aab engine although done before I bought the engine, exciting times if your turbo conversion is nearly complete, so much more pleasurable to drive! is an egt gauge on your to do list?
                Last edited by Big al; 16 May 2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

The oil breather pipe is 22mm internal diameter if memory serves me correctly and if it's the breather hose I'm thinking of it is just blanked, if you take a photo I can tell you for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Big al View Post
                    ..... is an egt gauge on your to do list?
                    It wasn't! Should it be? I was under the impression that as long as I kept my boost to 1 bar, it would be ok...

Comment

The oil breather pipe is 22mm internal diameter if memory serves me correctly and if it's the breather hose I'm thinking of it is just blanked, if you take a photo I can tell you for sure
                      Nice one. Sounds about right. Will get a pic in the morning.

Comment

Just read your thread, new here, very interesting, my engine is the same, aja parts on an aab engine
                        Good forum... folks on here are very helpful and only borderline deviant - I'm liking so far!

Was a bit of a faff swapping things about but not too painful and certainly saved me some £££.

Comment

Originally posted by 7or8 View Post
                          It wasn't! Should it be? I was under the impression that as long as I kept my boost to 1 bar, it would be ok...

If your going to be adjusting the fuel then my advise would be yes, it will give you peace of mind, if your exhaust gas's are too hot ie. fuel too rich it will wreck the engine in the long run
                          Last edited by Big al; 17 May 2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Only borderline deviant. ...I need to up my game.
                            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

If your going to be adjusting the fuel then my advise would be yes, it will give you peace of mind, if your exhaust gas's are too hot it will wreck the engine in the long run
                              Do you have one fitted, and if so, where? The only place I can think of would be the egr valve blanking plate on the manifold...

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                                Only borderline deviant. ...I need to up my game.
                                Written in the singular too, who could 7or8 be putting on the border???

Comment

Working...
                                X