Intercooler and hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler and hardware

So I’m thinking about fitting an intercooler to my 2.4td. Before I go and remortgage my house for the bits I need I thought I would ask if anyone has the parts on here they wanted to sell?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

I think I have a spare l200 top mount that came with the red van if that’s any good to you. Very used but I don’t want anything for it.

Failing that, I used the eBay one that loads of people are selling. 650x140 or something like that which came with the pipeworl and clips. I just needed a couple extra 90 degree bends/reducers. Works a treat.

#vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post
      I think I have a spare l200 top mount that came with the red van if that’s any good to you. Very used but I don’t want anything for it.
      Feeling the love right there!

Would be a good option - have read in a few places that these can be used quite easily and effectively.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Failing that, I used the eBay one that loads of people are selling. 650x140 or something like that which came with the pipeworl and clips. I just needed a couple extra 90 degree bends/reducers. Works a treat.

It's a cracking offer - all credit to Tommy - but his eBay FMIC is working a treat with 300°C EGT's (exhaust gas temp) fully loaded. You'll not get anywhere near the same efficiency with the large L200 IC with its oddly sized 48mm ports spread across the top and no real directional airflow across it (that's why it was originally fitted with an electric fan underneath to draw air through it despite the bonnet scoop!) PITA but go mortgage the house and do it properly!

Comment

Intercooler and hardware

I wasn’t interested in the top mount myself. The airflow on the FMIC is far superior. I have a new grill cut out beneath the number plate to get the air flowing through it. I reckon it cost around the £160 mark including the mk4 golf lower bumper grill.

#vanlife

Comment

Cheers tommy, I am tempted to go fmic but for the little extra power I’m using in mine I think a standard top mount should be enough. I want to keep it original as possible but as good as it can be if that makes any sense. I need to spend some time on the old boy now the sun is here and get some bits sorted on him. Not least the flashing oil light!!

Comment

Well you’re welcome to have the l200 one from me if you want it. It’s free to a good home. I won’t be using it as the red van will have the same set up as the white one in a month or so. It’ll help me clear a little space in the shed and get less earache for all my car parts lol

#vanlife

Comment

I have a standard top mount from a 2003 2.5 tdi. Have the brackets and one pipe that I think is right and a couple a pipes I brought to play with. But the way I have the 1.9td going now I am tempted to move them on. £100 quid the lot.

Comment

Well you’re welcome to have the l200 one from me if you want it. It’s free to a good home. I won’t be using it as the red van will have the same set up as the white one in a month or so. It’ll help me clear a little space in the shed and get less earache for all my car parts lol

Can never have too many car parts....

Comment

Originally posted by 7or8 View Post
                    Can never have too many car parts....

Yep, at my workshop or in the back garden you could play a "wheres Wallly! for vdub parts.

Comment

the mk4 golf lower bumper grill.

Do you have any pictures of this?
                      I've seen a lower grill fitted to a T4 bumper for an FMIC, but I can't find the picture now and not sure what car it was from.

Comment

Got the mk4 grill new front a local accident repair supplier off eBay. Was about £9.

#vanlife

Comment

Got the mk4 grill new front a local accident repair supplier off eBay. Was about £9.

Looks nice Tommy, lovely work but it's not big enough... +25% sizing over the IC face with a forced air feed for optimum efficiency.

Comment

I have a golf 4 front bumper that's a mod I may do just for the look.

Comment

I love the look. I know it’s not quite big enough but the only other option I considered was it hanging out the front entirely and I didn’t think that was practical with me doing high mileage in all weathers etc

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                              X